1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

** please help!!!**

Discussion in 'Lifesize Mammals' started by rcubello, Aug 14, 2013.

1. rcubello

rcubello New Member

I have my first gray fox I have done for a client that has slippage around the lower neck,shoulder area.i have another full size gray to use as a fur donor.please if anyone with more experience or has ever done this could inform me on the process of maybe cutting and patching in a whole piece of skin or possibly gluing hair back in??? I've searched the whole sight and looked in the old forums to no prevail.i am new to posting on this sight but I have been researching on this sight for years! :) :) taxidermy.net has always gotten me by.thank you very much!

2. 3bears

3bears Well-Known Member

MN
    Could you post a picture of the damage? If the two foxes are pretty identical in color a transplant is feasible, but maybe all you need to do is cut out the slip spots and sew them up.

3. rcubello

rcubello New Member

Thanks for the reply! Yes they are both early fall foxes. I will post a pic of the damage as soon as I get home!

4. I'd just patch it in there. If the mount is too dry to sew epoxy glue and nail. I just replaced the ears on a coyote ,I slid the new ears right over the old one and epoxy glued it right in place.

5. rcubello

rcubello New Member

Awesome thank you very much all!