1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Hidden Tannery Shipping Costs????

Discussion in 'The Taxidermy Industry' started by 126whitetail, Aug 26, 2013.

1. michael p.

michael p. Getting better with age :)

126whitetail who likes to use my name in every post.... suck it up buttercup, South Texas IS NOT more expensive than most tanneries so get over it. The last batch I sent to s commercial tannery was 60+ pieces and the next batch I'm taking to the Mexican is over $5,000...... seriously, do you really think that a tannery should bend over backeards for 2 items???

Order over $1,000 from any taxidermy supplier & get a discount...... till them get off your band wagon & pay your damn dues, stop thinking you are owed something. You shouldn't be pissed, we should, the real business owner, did you get this at their cost or pay 50-100% above what we do?

I have let STFD do some African for me & it was GREAT...... I will call tomorrow though & see if they are letting the queen of whining pay the same cost as I do.,,,,,, $15 box pppffffttt...

Kim, I'll jump in that hot tub, I pick up most of my tanning in Texas & would appreciate not paying their cost of employees sorting, folding, scanning & boxing my tans above others...... I love it!

2. petasucks

petasucks New Member

Return the box but ship it in another box. That way you can get a refund and charge them $15 for the box you shipped it in. Geez dont you guys know how to make a profit lol

3. michael p.

Well when you use only my name in 99% of your replies it is a little stalkerish one could say..... and sorry Sally, we can't show you where whined because you edited your original post..... which even the edited version sounds whiney with the little exclamation marks and all.

4. Cole

Cole Amateur Taxidermist

The tannery has made a bad business decision by charging for boxes. I ship things all the time but I sure don't charge for boxes, tape, and peanuts, at least not itemized on the invoice. By not adjusting your prices to cover these incidentals makes you look terrible. Mike go easy on the kid, $15 was a lot of money when we were 16

5. gab

gab Active Member

I do buy boxes in quantity and only pay about $2but why should I pass the discount from buying in quantity and having to warehouse them on to the customer.still paying my guys $12 an hour to stack them,move them around and put them together.a few will get damaged too.
    in game processing the price of the box is factored in to retail price.In taxidermy it's added to freight and called shipping and handling.

6. michael p.

When I was a kid $15 would buy a tank of gas, a six pack of beer and a box of rubbers..... and you'd get change back!

7. This really is a stupid thread but it does show how poor some taxidermist are at business. 13.00 for shipping? Thats CHEAP!!! Take that same box down to UPS and see what it cost for you to ship. I recycle my boxes all the time but when I ship them back out Its almost always double the price at half the distance. I charge my customers for every box, man hour and shipping charges regardless if I'm recycling a box or if I had to buy one.

Bury the cost into the tan price? Why? I'm close enough to drop off and pick up so I don't want to pay for boxes that I'm not getting! It is what it is, you pay for the tan and if you can't pick up, you pay for the box, someone to pack it and shipping.

Posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire

8. O yeah, you think they are expensive at $41 & $46 ? As of Aug 1 they are $44 & $49 , just a heads up so you don't get sticker shock on your next order ;)

Posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire

9. Those were balloons you dodo. :)

10. FishArt

FishArt Well-Known Member

You obviously didn't have an old Charger growing up Michael - lol!

"Rubbers", that Michael speaks of I'm CERTAIN are those old rubber "Totes" that went over your shoes for rainy weather - lol!

11. michael p.

12. Justin P.

Justin P. Active Member

THANK YOU!