1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Need avice on Muley .

Discussion in 'Deer and Gameheads' started by Whitetailfreak84, Aug 27, 2013.

1. Whitetailfreak84

Whitetailfreak84 New Member

I have my personal Muley to mount up and I don't like any of the poses besides Coombs wall pedestals but don t have a big enough cape for those. My question is this could I pick any whitetail pose I wanted and put a Muley change out head on be good to go? I ve looked at most forms as well tru fit ,matuska , Arron Connelly, bill Lancaster . They just look like a normal wt form to me. Looking for an eye catching pose. Well open for all opinions Thanks A.J.

2. Paul B

Paul B Active Member

Good to go, that will work.

3. Whitetailfreak84

Thanks Guys . I am going with wt form and Muley head.

4. verne

verne Well-Known Member

the briskets are different to . :D

5. Steven Klee

Steven Klee Steven Klee Studios

6. Bill Yox

Bill Yox Well-Known Member

I think youd be further ahead to simply take the proper sized form from a sculptor you prefer and to just alter it into one of those special poses youd like.

7. I think Bill has a better idea. Alterations are not too difficult if you use reference.

8. JBell

JBell New Member

Reno
    If its a personal mount I would defiantly buy a form that fit and alter it... It's good practice and you can get what you want from it.

Posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire

9. coues_deer

coues_deer New Member

USA
    There are several differences between the two the neck muscles and brisket area for starters and very different. Pick the proper size form and alter it for your liking.

10. Western Wildlife Art Studio

Western Wildlife Art Studio STUDIO PHONE (406) 356-2100

Whitetailfreak84 - mule deer are somewhat different then WT deer, BRISKET and ARMPIT area are major ones, plsu muscle around the SWELL -- we customize most from a standard MD form . We do a gang of them every year, and i guarantee you the cape you got " from us" will not just fit the form you may like., putting the head from MD on just any form is a mistake !

I recommend to use McKenzie mdss or others and go that route,

11. Whitetailfreak84

I jumped the gun a little. Already have the whitetail form and Muley head. Should I just hang on to the wt form for this season and just order a Muley form ? , or just go on with the wt form and muley head and learn from my mistake? Thanks for all the advice guys.

12. Matt

Matt Active Member

I do that all the time, but there are differences that have been mentioned. The alters are simple though, and with a good change out head, you will be just fine.

13. huntjosh

huntjosh Member

Utah
    It can be done and although it may not be totally accurate, it makes a nice mount. Here's a few Coombs form with Mckenzie mule deer change out head. Alterations included deepening the shoulders and widening between shoulders. Re-sculpting the shoulder muscles, leg points and brisket areas was also done with mâché.

Attached Files:

14. huntjosh

huntjosh Member

Utah
    More Coombs forms with Mckenzie heads

Attached Files: