1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Hen canvasback

Discussion in 'Bird Taxidermy' started by osbornetaxidermy, Aug 28, 2013.

1. osbornetaxidermy

osbornetaxidermy New Member

Looking for a hen canvasback. Young boys first duck was brought to me by his mom as his first duck. Wasnt wwll taken care of so wondeeing if anyone had one hanging out in there freezer? Thanks

Sent from my SCH-R530U using Ohub Campfire mobile app

2. duxrus

duxrus Active Member

Replacing someone's bird with one from another is illegal isn't it unless properly gifted ? ....along with being unethical by playing a switch a roo.

3. A kid's first duck. I'm glad that I'm not the only one who thinks that replacing it is a terrible idea. Shot up or not - It's HIS FIRST DUCK -

4. gregsp

gregsp Member

That's why we always try to emphasis mounting your " first NICE bird". , not just your first bird. The memory is still there, and you will get a quality mount to remember it with. Not a pin feathered mess!!!!!

5. alan webfoot

alan webfoot New Member

I agree sometimes we have to be brave and gentle at the same time first bird or not ,,your shops name is forever going to be identified with it. Show them a full feathered specimen ,next to the pin feather ill treated one .A great picture in the long run may be a better choice ,they can go for a better bird meanwhile educate them on handling in the field or they may continue bringing in abused ''corpses''.

6. 2wbdft

2wbdft Member

Just a thought, but offer her/them a European mount of the skull, then hopefully they have a pic to hang next to it...