1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

The Month in Fish Pictures" ~Year 6~ September Addition 2013!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Fish Taxidermy' started by Rick Krane, Sep 1, 2013.

1. Jason S

Jason S New Member

Here's a couple customer's skin mounts. Wonderful work so far this month. Bass on a stick ;) with after the catch coloration.

Attached Files:

2. Jason S

Jason S New Member

49" muskie.

Attached Files:

3. makoman

makoman Member

Here's a small 15kg Yellowtail Kingfish ,small because I did one earlier this year that was 49.8 kg but didn't get any good photos.

Attached Files:

4. Great work guys! Metal flounder from me this week!

Attached Files:

5. Lateral Line

Lateral Line The Sea Refuses No River...

My 2nd fish, 1st white crappie & 1st painted eye,

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

A big thanks to Rick Krane for explaining how colors, hues and canvases work. I studied my references and "saw" the layers of color. These fins were quite difficult to paint due to their surface being very rough. Have a hybrid striper coming soon from J. Knuth, can't wait.
    Thanks for looking,
    L.L.

6. All these fish here are superb, here are a couple skin mounts
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

7. Customers Shellcracker

Attached Files:

8. Something a little different; a 6.5 kilo Snapper. Its a skin mount, natural fins and cast head. Very thoroughly de greased skin ! The hook isn't permanent fixture, just there for safe keeping, found it in the fishes throat. Don't know if you guys have these fish in your parts or if known by same name. Cheers, John.

Attached Files:

9. great fish trashfish

[​IMG]

10. rogerswildlife

rogerswildlife Rogers Wildlife Taxidermy Tommy Rogers

Very nice work as allways every one ! Here is a repo i done a few months back .

Attached Files:

11. Skin Deep

Skin Deep Member

USA
    unreal good job everyone!

12. Red stag

Red stag Active Member

Norway
    Very nice fish work everybody!! Here is a Atlantic Salmon from me - 34 lbs. Thanks Ollie

Attached Files:

13. Lateral Line

Lateral Line The Sea Refuses No River...

A Golden Shiner blank I got from Bryan Russell. We catch them all the time on sweet corn.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Reference pic of a shiner caught at a local pond.

[​IMG]

The scales on the blank were a little hard to see. I used an ultra fine tip paint pin to fill in the ones I could see and went freestyle from there. The pieces of corn are plastic/rubber that I use when carp, sucker, shiner fishing.

[​IMG]

The eye is made of magic sculpt and hand painted.
    Thanks for looking,
    L.L.

14. rogerswildlife

rogerswildlife Rogers Wildlife Taxidermy Tommy Rogers

Man i caught a shiner yesterday that looked just like that awesome jod! Red stag that salmon awesome great job .

15. Jim F.

Jim F. Let's go Fishin!!!

Wow, another month of awesome fish work! It inspires me to work harder with every fish.

Here is a Lake Michigan Chinook.
    Skin mount, cast head and fins.
    I've been just flooded with big Salmon this year so it looks like I'll be painting scales in my sleep.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

16. srholmes30

srholmes30 Living each and every day

Real nice work, thanks for posting

17. Jason S

Jason S New Member

Thanks to all that contribute. Customer black crappie.

Attached Files:

18. Here is a link to a brief video of a wild Tasmanian 12lb Brown Trout taken immediately after capture. The guy who caught it usually releases his fish, but in this instance the fish had damaged gills so he kept it. The pics are of the skin mount of that fish, cast head. They don't show the colours too well but give you an idea. The fish was gutted when I received it.
    link https://vimeo.com/73204472

Attached Files:

19. j.mik.

j.mik. Member

Just another normal month.... of Great fish work. Those nice Atlantic Salmon always get me. This one's no exception. And I really like that Brook Trout on the home page.

20. Sorry, I didn't realise there were expletives on that vid on my previous post. I have no sound on my computer and only heard it today. The moderators on here can feel free to delete it if they wish , John. :-[