1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Just Got my New Safari Magazine In The Mail.

Discussion in 'The Taxidermy Industry' started by timberlandtaxidermy, Sep 3, 2013.

1. timberlandtaxidermy

timberlandtaxidermy Taxidermy Instructor NTA Certified Judge

One of the first things I look at is the back cover. Wow!

Attached Files:

2. George

George The older I get, the better I was.

With Boyce' s money and the artisans who work for him, what did you expect. Boyce "owns" the back cover of the SCI magazine and has for years now.

3. Jerry Huffaker

Jerry Huffaker Well-Known Member

Saw that at Dallas, it is HUGE! The head of the male on top is at about 14 ft. Just to give perspective. It's a pretty cool piece of work.

4. timberlandtaxidermy

timberlandtaxidermy Taxidermy Instructor NTA Certified Judge

George, years ago, I called the magazine to advertise. I asked how much it cost to be on the back cover (10 years ago) yikes!
    I can't imagine what he's paying for it now :eek:
    But, his pieces always have the "Wow" factor.
    Great artist, talented staff working for him. Not too shabby of a businessman either ;)

5. ryan rhodes

ryan rhodes Well-Known Member

I heard the back cover ad was like 8k or something crazy!!!

6. DL

DL Well-Known Member

Wonder what that guys trophy room looks like?

7. antlerman

antlerman NTA Life Member #0118

Lord forgive me, for I am not worthy.

8. Skywalker

Skywalker Well-Known Member

I had the extreme privilege to work there for a spell. What I learned from Mike and his crew didn't just take me to the next level, I believe I skipped a few levels on the way up. Someone should list the names of those who have worked there as a testimonial.

9. George

Ken, you know you're right. Almost to a person, everyone who's worked there is an artisan who thinks "outside the box". I don't think they all arrived there that way but I know when they left they were. I've had the extreme fortune of being around you and several of your "alumni" and I'm amazed at the abilities all of you possess. Mike is probably one of the icons of this industry, not particularly from his own talent, but from his entrepenural methods and getting the best out of the best. Certainly a candidate for a Pioneer Award and a Hall of Fame entrant.

10. Skywalker

I agree wholeheartedly, my friend.

11. Bill Yox

Bill Yox Well-Known Member

I truly believe that Mike Boyce/AA paying for advertising on that back page has helped ME and all of us with OUR customers, too. He certainly gets his returns from his advertisment, but I know I benefit from it from that exposure. Thanks Mike, I mean this most respectfully and sincerely.

12. James Marsico

James Marsico Well-Known Member

Shops and advertising like AA's have helped all taxidermists. They have raised the respect of taxidermy in the eyes of the general public and helped every taxidermist with their eyes open to charge more for their own work.

13. I'd like to know the price tag on that job. When you deal with him if you have to ask ,you can't afford him

14. ortegageno

ortegageno Active Member

NM
    Very nice work of art. Looking at his price list, that is about a $35k project .

15. George

Anyone who could afford to shoot that many lions and has a room large enough to hold them doesn't CARE how much it costs.

16. ortegageno

ortegageno Active Member

NM
    George, You ain't lying! Heck I would be happy with just one.

17. I'd be happy with the room big enough to hold them in.....Lol

18. Skywalker

They charge for custom extras. The prices on their price list are base prices. That mount is likely 50+.