1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

A few pedestals over the last 2 weeks.... a trailer and a re- motivation

Discussion in 'Deer and Gameheads' started by michael p., Sep 5, 2013.

1. michael p.

michael p. Getting better with age :)

I know I haven't been on here much lately, but between work & work & work, I just really haven't had time to play :) Between getting rid of an employee and training a new pretty damn good one, it kinda lit a fire under my ass. I have been pretty consistent as usual, a little behind on some projects and way ahead on others (that's consistency at its finest!) I decided to just tackle my world the last 2 weeks. I had a few pedestals left before the new season begins so I decided to do 3 things in 2 weeks.... mount 10 regular shoulder mounts, put out 9 pedestals and finish that damn trailer we moved to the Texas Coast a year ago this month as a weekend place..... I thought last Thursday my wife was either going to commit me or kill me, she sat down Thursday night, looked at me and said 'I have never seen you like this'..... I was finished Friday & my 2 week attack had ended.

I stay pretty well busy, keep most customers happy, some not, but HATE getting too far behind so sometimes these rock & roll weeks are needed both for personal projects & the ones that pay the bills. Needless to say I'm a happy son of a gun. I'm holed up in a $40 hotel room tonight in San Antonio, Texas with a cooler full of Antelope mounts I picked up over here after work tonight & another cooler full of wet tans I picked up from the guy who does my tanning. I was looking through some pics on the iPhone tonight and thought I would shhare.

I don't know if the way I do business is the right way or the wrong way...... but it's my way & I love it!!

This is a great business & great industry if you let it! But it's a hard way to make an easy living! LOL

These last 2 weeks have sickly been a blast!

Couple of Whitetail
    [​IMG]

Axis
    [​IMG]

Gemsbok
    [​IMG]

3 whitetail
    [​IMG]

Love these OTS forms, they're easy to make cool!
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

And last but not least, on Labor Day Monday, we planted our last plant in our last landscape quest.. Every deck screw we screwed, every shovel of mulch (over 6,000 pounds) we shoveled (we get it from the county recycle, $5 per 1000 pounds.... AWESOME!!), every square of grass, every post hole dug, we did it. It's been a great season, I can't wait to see what this one brings!! My wife made this image for me, I have no ideas how to LOL But this is almost exact 1 year transformation of out lovely weekend fishing trailer.

[​IMG]

You will not get rich off of this business, but if its truly in your blood you can do it!

2. Nice Stuff there Michael. Lot's of pride, and hard work, which feels real good in the end. Keep it up we love seeing the work!

3. Very nice Mike!

4. quest

quest Member

Utah
    What a difference in the trailer nice work. Your a busy man!

5. verne

verne Well-Known Member

Nice ; as always . ;D

6. Ron1949

Ron1949 Member

Very nice Mike,are you going to be caught up with your work before season starts ?

7. freeze_1

freeze_1 Booboo, my business manager

Mike, you are certainly a huge inspiration, that's for sure.

8. michael p.

michael p. Getting better with age :)

Yeah, we'll be good.....I think ;) LOL

Thanks everybody, I love this game of Taxidermy!!!

9. DL

DL Well-Known Member

I don't know if the way I do business is the right way or the wrong way...... but it's my way & I love it!!

If your customers are happy and you're happy then it's the right way.

10. landdepot

landdepot Active Member

5 stars on the whitetail pedestals,.like'em.

11. sarahdj

sarahdj Active Member

You go Mikey! Awesome and beautiful work as always, and just the kind of post I needed to read to get the lead out of my hiney!! I'm still behind from last year...lol...which was behind from the rough season the previous year when Tyler passed away. Thanks for the inspiration and hiney boot!!!

12. Kevin Halle

Kevin Halle Well-Known Member

Mike, that's some good looking mounts you got there!!