1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

MicroTan-Fantastic Customer Service

Discussion in 'Buyers and Sellers' started by Bangle, Sep 5, 2013.

1. Bangle

Bangle New Member

About a year ago, I purchased a tanned cape from Alan Easter at MicroTan at the TTAI Annual Convention. It was a huge, Northern WT cape with a 24.5" neck, and needless to say, it was not a cheap cape. At the time that I purchased the cape, it looked and felt great. It went into the freezer as soon as I got home from the show.

Last month, I took the cape out to thaw it for more accurate measurements so that I could purchase a form for it and get it ready to take to a class. However, upon thawing it, rinsing it, and stretching it, the cape began to slip in several places. I panicked, and drenched the cape in Stop Slip (with no success) and upon the incident, I emailed MicroTan hoping that there might be something that they could do for me. I wasn't expecting much, but after a few emails back and forth, and several pictures of the slip damage Alan told me that he would be happy to replace the entire cape and ship me a new, similar replacement as soon as one that size was available.

I have my new cape, and I am thrilled with the way that MicroTan took care of me. I never had the chance to argue or get upset with the situation. This dealing was some of the best customer service I have ever received. I would not hesitate to do business with MicroTan again, and I would happily recommend their services or products to anyone who asked me.

2. Dan Taylor

Dan Taylor Member

I don't care for there work the hides sllip and they stink.

3. Dan Taylor

Dan Taylor Member

And I even called them about 3 weeks ago to conplain and still haven't heard back from them .

4. Dan Taylor

Dan Taylor Member

I even dropped off my hides to them to see their operation. I was not impressed after seeing about 50 hides in one container being pickled. That makes it a little hard to control contamination, which is what usually causes slippage and odor, I believe. Other than that, the shop looked good.

5. KatieC

KatieC Active Member

I've had trouble with capes from them slipping too. Sent them a fawn this summer and was worried about it in the heat, tried calling and left a message to make sure it arrived safely, haven't heard anything back.

After hearing more about them here, it looks like I will probably owe a guy a new fawn. Crap. At least I have already started the switch to a new tannery.

6. duxdown

duxdown New Member

Wasent impressed with Micro Tan lately either and neither was my closest competition. Guess we will stick to the shop tans for now.

7. bmdakk

bmdakk Report to moderator

They are the best anyway!!!!!! ;)

8. duxdown

duxdown New Member