1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

2013 -2014 Season Bird Hunting Thread

Discussion in 'Bird Taxidermy' started by idbatman, Sep 5, 2013.

1. Henrik from Denmark

Henrik from Denmark Waterfowler that loves geese & goosehunting.

Hi again.

That sounds nice. I looked trough af couple of threads in here last night, and overall there are some really nice Pictures.
    These Pictures are with my dad and my newly build 17 feet boat. I have been quite sick the most of the season, so i havent been that much out. But since just before Christmas i have been better, and have had some good hunting with my dad and friends.

I have 2 setups:

The first with the 17 feet boat with a 60HP 4 stroke Mercury engine, that drags two smaller boats, from witch the hunt is made from. It is illegal to hunt from boats with engines on alost every where up here.

The second is af trailer with 4 boats. One with a 5,5HP inboard engine to drag the 3 hunting boats with. Very nice when sailing in very shallow Waters, witch i prefer to hunt in.

Waterfowl hunting Arent done by many up here. The lots prefer to buy them selves access to ground hunting, but i love Waterfowl hunting in open Water from my boeats. Due to my destroyed back, i cant stand up with a gun, i have to lie Down. The really cool thing about waterfowling are that im able to hunt i alot of diffrent Places.

Im struggelin bigtime to start up with the taxidermy. The Borax, that seems to be quite easy to get in the states, are almost impossible to get over here. I have tryed to look in our naighbour country´s aswell, not even Germany can help. They need alot of documents that im self imployed, and so on and so. I tried calling them and explained that it is totally legal to stuff birds here in Denmark if they are for my self. But that didnt help. So i have tryed ordering 2 kg from a dealer on the internet, but im quite sure they too will demand to see some kinda proof that im a licenced taxidermist, but hope i succeed :)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Kindly regards
    Henrik J

2. brazosboyt

brazosboyt Member

Last week of the season. Getting into the pretty birds. Couple collector buddies hunting here. This weekend. Full ice chests after today.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Biggest gadwall I've ever seen.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

3. 3bears

3bears Well-Known Member

MN
    Brazosboyt, it is easy to see why you are so passionate about duck hunting. The birds that you and your partners get to harvest are simply gorgeous. Here in MN, the ducks about never look half as good as the birds you post. It is hard to find a true "mount worthy" duck in MN.

4. Can I become a collector buddy next year? ;)

5. Very cool Henrik. I would post a question for the rest of the guys....especially from across the pond, to see what an alternative to borax (dry preservative) might be, or better yet, where you can find it? I'm going to look online and see if I can get you in the right direction. I will post if I find some potential leads for you.

6. Henrik from Denmark

Henrik from Denmark Waterfowler that loves geese & goosehunting.

Hi Pete.

That is just beautifull m8. I'm thankfull for all the help I can get.
    Reiner from Germany has been so nice to help me out as well. He types that in the 39 years he have been doing taxidermy he haven't been using Borax, so perhaps he has a trick or two up his sleeves, I hope so :).

Kindly regards & thanks.

Henrik J

7. Well I looked with no luck. Rainer is a good man. I think he will certainly be able to help you.

8. brazosboyt

brazosboyt Member

Turned on the valve and out they come.
    [​IMG]

Only way we could keep Shane under control was to stuff him in the pipe.
    [​IMG]

Couple other good hunts over the three days.
    [​IMG]

Got a few for collections.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Female blue banded in 2000.

9. Ted

Ted Member

Henrik, Try soaking the bird skin overnight in vinegar and water. I think you may be able to eliminate the Borax then.

10. brazosboyt

brazosboyt Member

Friend called and said the timber was full of "green" and that he was getting out his corks and carvers to gettem.

Dad and I got out some classic doubles to add to the experience.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

11. rai_red

rai_red Active Member

fantastic birds and great hunts as usual Todd, wigeon, shoveler and teals look really nice,
    Rainer

12. I think I hate brazosboyt! He makes me want to move to Texas. All we get is boring greenheads

13. redduvall

redduvall New Member

[​IMG][​IMG]

Last day in North Alabama wasn't too bad. Resulted in a beautiful drake GWT for the studio. Gotta love late season plumage. Now the wait begins for next season!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

14. Glass eye

Glass eye Active Member

:)

Attached Files:

15. Glass eye

Glass eye Active Member

;)

Attached Files:

16. Glass eye

Glass eye Active Member

:D

Attached Files:

17. Glass eye

Glass eye Active Member

;D

Attached Files:

18. jjohnson3978

jjohnson3978 Member

Nice job buddy! Glad the trip to AK was a success!!

19. wings II

wings II New Member

Looks like you had a good time Breck! Nice specimens ya' got there...teal is my favorite though!

I always try to hunt the last day of the waterfowl season with clients. The weather cooperated for me, which means it was 40 for the low and 72 for the high. ;D

[​IMG]

20. wings II

wings II New Member

[​IMG]