1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

2013 -2014 Season Bird Hunting Thread

Discussion in 'Bird Taxidermy' started by idbatman, Sep 5, 2013.

1. rai_red

rai_red Active Member

greenwing and dove

Attached Files:

2. rai_red

rai_red Active Member

picked this one out of a group of greylags, a nice Aegyptian goose, it is for you Todd,
    Rainer.

Attached Files:

3. brazosboyt

brazosboyt Member

Thank you! I hope you have a big ice chest! We've been getting some great birds. Starting a 8 day grind on sat. Ton of birds here now. I'm pumped about our 2 can/day limit this yr. they showed up in big numbers yesterday.

Got a little springfed pond that always has a few wood ducks this time of year. My oldest said he wanted to try to go get a pair too mount. Had a feeling we would kill 3 to 4 wood ducks and was actually kind of surprised we ended up with five wood ducks and 6 gwt.
    Neat little pond that has a pecan and a red oak tree on the back end. When they are dumping in oct-I've seen 100 wood ducks running around on the bank picking up acorns.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

It never ceases to amaze me to see a kiddo smash a flying bird with a 410. He got a hen and a drake and was pumped.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Two of the thingsin this picture don't normally go together.
    [​IMG]

4. Shawn73

Shawn73 Active Member

Brother was with us on another great day. He gets another bird off his bucket list and first of all of us to get a hooded. His taxidermy bill is adding up. Good thing for him he gets the friends and family discount. He is a good luck charm for sure. Hope he is with us when the cans show up. Were all dying to get our first can.

[​IMG]

5. Txrebel

Txrebel New Member

My first black duck after 25 years of hunting
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

6. Shawn73

Shawn73 Active Member

congrats Tx im hoping to get my first this year have been hearing more and more sightings around here.

7. Txrebel

Txrebel New Member

Thanks I appreciate it. It is a very special bird to me. My buddy out here in nc killed his first today in the same hole I got that one at

8. vincer

vincer New Member

Seven different species in one hunt.

Attached Files:

• 006.JPG
      006.JPG
      File size:
      120.8 KB
      Views:
  9. brazosboyt

brazosboyt Member

Every year I trade hunting and fishing trip with a friend of mine that lives in Alaska. This year he came and brought one of our mutual friends 15-year-old sons with him.

Sunday had divers on the menu.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Monday was pintails in the fog.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Tuesday We had high expectations for greenhead and canvasback beat down. One of my spots had about 200 total. But as usual the cold front ran the birds off and replace them with ringnecks. " black" it's the new green.

[​IMG]

Tuesday evening we ran out to our place in San Saba and got Hunter's first Whitetail deer.
    [​IMG]

We'd We shot a pretty good pile of ducks, a doe and picked up a fox.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Thursday went out to our main lake and climbed in the pit Blind. Once again with high expectations of the hundreds of birds that were in there on Tuesday. The cold front blew most of them out and we had about 60 birds come in. But the ones that came decoyed like champs.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I went to work for a little while when I got home and red had all the guys hanging Christmas lights.
    [​IMG]

So not only are they good for the hundred pounds of fresh halibut they brought,
    [​IMG]
    But they made mama happy too.

Friday we went to my friends place which is my favorite place!
    [​IMG]

Today we were hoping to get Hunter a Woodduck and weren't expecting to shoot much more than 4-5 birds and were really surprised by the mallards and gadWalls that were in the This 1/4 acre timber hole.
    [​IMG]

We just absolutely had a great week, we cooked a lot of great food and ate like pigs.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Processed a bunch of birds
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Boxed up the old squaw pair that I mounted for Hunter for his birthday from last years Alaska Hunt and sent them on their way.
    [​IMG]

My Whole family Especially my boys absolutely adore Mr. Brad and my boys can't wait to get back to Alaska in July.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

And I'm counting the days till next December and whatever island in the bering sea we end up on chasing ducks.....

10. fowlhunter

fowlhunter New Member

Brazosboyt your pictures make me jealous every time I see them. I would love to make my way down there and do a guided hunt for some specimens for the wall.

We went on a guided hunt on Long Island earlier this week. Did the scoter slam and brought back pairs of all the sea ducks for mounts minus one hen surf scoter that never came in range. Had a great time!!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

11. rai_red

rai_red Active Member

lucky guys, great hunts and trophies,
    Rainer

12. Pics are awesome!! Thanks for sharing.

13. daniel

daniel New Member

great pics and a good time spent with up and coming duck hunters love your pics and posts...daniel.. ::) ::).. 8) 8)

14. cinnaman

cinnaman New Member

2nd band this year. Banded in Orwood,Ca 2007.

Attached Files:

15. Duckslayr

Duckslayr Active Member

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
    Great hunt...little cold though!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

16. rai_red

rai_red Active Member

have been out with my wife a little bit jump shooting on Sunday,
    got one Egyptian goose ( the nicest I ever had ), a hen mallard and my wife shot a double on greenwings, when we went home, a cormorant flew by and we got him too and Grace retrieved like always, she likes to work,
    Rainer

Attached Files:

17. rai_red

rai_red Active Member

like to show you some closeups of this Egyptian

Attached Files:

18. RichMO

RichMO Well-Known Member

As for me I'm FREAKING JEALOUS ...... I'll add to the post next month but it will be hard to beat these....

19. brazosboyt

brazosboyt Member

Nice Egyptian. We are closed right now but get going again this weekend.