1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Looks like my morning is shot...11 footer.

Discussion in 'Reptile Taxidermy' started by joeym, Sep 7, 2013.

1. joeym

joeym Old Murphey

[​IMG]

2. George

George The older I get, the better I was.

Just when I think I dreaded going to the shop .........

3. Good luck.

4. rogerswildlife

rogerswildlife Rogers Wildlife Taxidermy Tommy Rogers

Wow you got your work cut out for you thats for sure . good luck !

5. I had the same kind of morning, but at least your making money. This 11'6" is mine

Attached Files:

6. joeym

joeym Old Murphey

Finally...now for a couple of beers, and a dip in the pool. I don't even want to think gator for a while.

[​IMG]

7. Will the shop ever be the same?!

8. Mr.T

Mr.T Active Member

Did you run the carcass through the blender?

9. bubba z

bubba z New Member

I've skinned and cut up and packaged the meat on five over 12' in the last month and its just a hobby.

10. That's one big gator!

What does gator taste like? I've never had it but have always been curious about it's taste.

11. What strength is your washer? I took one that was 11'10" and it took me about 3 and a half hours and it doesn't look as clean as yours.

12. joeym

joeym Old Murphey

5000 psi with a turbo nozzle. Took 15-20 minutes to flesh it.

13. Kerby Ross

Kerby Ross KSU - Class of '83; U.S. Army - Infantry (83-92)

What is......

What is the PSI at car washes?

:)

Kerby...

14. Megan :)

Megan :) Well-Known Member

Re: What is......

Ha ha good question. I dunno but I can just imagine someone walking in and seeing ya washing an 11' gator....

15. Megan :)

Megan :) Well-Known Member

Btw nice gator. Hunting gators is on my bucket list lol :D

16. I googled and yahooed. According to the net, 1200 psi is the max recommended for an automobiles paint job so I would assume most carwash sprayers are less for liability?

17. bubba z

bubba z New Member

You skin all the knuckles out of the feet and if so do you have any other way than pulling on it and using a scalpel

18. joeym

joeym Old Murphey

Separate each toe from the foot at the first joint, then separate any connective muscle between them so the each individual toe bone is free. Skin down each toe far enough to attach it to a rope suspended from the ceiling. I tie a knot in the rope and surround the rope and toe bone with a zip-tie. You can then exert enough force on the toe to totally invert the toe down to the claw and separate. Took me and davidp two hours to get the toes out of that sucker. If a knuckle comes loose, you have no choice but using a relief cut to get the remaining toe bone out.

19. People don't realize you hunt 'gators at nite then work to skin them all day then its nite again!!! And time to go again. Megan Just contact me then you can take that one off the bucket list. Foxy

20. bubba z

bubba z New Member

That's pretty similar to what I do Joey I was just wondering if there was a new truck out there it's a lot of work and time consuming. I do more work playing than I do at work I just wish it payed close to the same. I figure if I can kill a bunch of gators every year and pay for that and all the equipment I tear up I'm having fun.