1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Alligator skull parts in 3D for assembly and articulation

Discussion in 'Skulls and Skeletons' started by Sea Wolf, Sep 11, 2013.

1. Sea Wolf

Sea Wolf Well-Known Member

I think this should be a searchable topic for those in the future. Excellent page showing all the bones of an alligator skull and where they go. Should be a great help for anyone trying to put an alligator skull back together that has come apart into the collection of puzzle bits that they seem to do. My apologies to the person who originally posted this but I can't for the life of me find the original post.

http://web.missouri.edu/~hollidayca/3DAnatomy/Alligator3D.htm

This is a screenshot of the lower part of the page but you really need to go to the page and look as each image enlarges in detail. You also need to "Right click and "VIEW IMAGE" to be able to see or download this to save it. It's easy enough to look at it online or do your own screenshot but if anyone wants the real size of that picture you can download it from here. I hosted it myself as Photobucket will not reproduce the original size.

[​IMG]

UPDATE!! As of 9/23/2016 it appears that the site has been removed. This large screenshot is all that remains. I have even tried to view the larger images brought up in Google Searches but the links are all dead. So sad that they determined this to be disposable. :( I have written to Professor Casey that did this work and hope to be able to get it restored somehow.

If you go to this page and reference the screenshot above, you can find the individual bones here and examine them. The lab has mirrored the page of lost information. https://sketchfab.com/holliday/collections/adult-alligator-skull-atlas

Last edited: Mar 17, 2020
  2. I've used this before Sea Wolf!!! Very helpful!!! You're a great researcher!!!

3. I remember this. Great site, and thanks for the picture. I have one half disassembled and this could help if the whole thing separate.

4. Mostly Fantasy

Mostly Fantasy New Member

Wow- great! Thanks!