1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Skeletons of the week 20 ?

Discussion in 'Skulls and Skeletons' started by Jean-Christophe, Sep 14, 2013.

1. Here are a couple new small skeletons I did lately.
    - blackbird, with a of of healed fractures.
    - hedgehog rolled-up in ball, thanks to Alpha Skull Smack for the idea.
    - European mole. This one is a fully scraped/hand cleaned skeleton.

Attached Files:

2. the hedgehog

Attached Files:

3. european mole

Attached Files:

4. european mole

Attached Files:

5. garglebear

garglebear New Member

Wow! how long did it take to assemble the birds?

6. Sea Wolf

Sea Wolf Well-Known Member

As always, amazing work you do.

7. Great talent you have. Amazing is right!

8. Thanks ! :D
    End to end, assembling this bird takes me something like 3 or 4 days, that's the time I need for a bird skeleton in general.

9. skullclnr

skullclnr Active Member

Simply amazing!

10. Orkman-X

Orkman-X New Member

hey JC,

awesome work mate!

grtz

marc

11. Guus

Guus Member

Great work as always, JC! Very nice skeletons, great that they turned out so nice!

And nice to find this thread back again, I've been away for a long time, but I'll take next week, hope you saved some skeletons! :)

For tonight I have a European oystercatcher (trying the new Imageshack so hopefully it works like normal...) :

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

12. Thanks a lot Guus ! That's really nice to see you here again. I know you have a bunch of new skeletons ;) Those 3 were the last before a couple months for me I guess, since I started to be quite busy. But I still keep cleaning a couple things to make some bones bags for later.
    By the way, I remember you saying that you were not really happy of a couple areas in your birds skeletons, is it still case now ? To me they were great but now it's even better. The only couple words that come to me is "that's it !", you really caught the move.
    You don't glue any more the scapula on the ribcage ?

13. nobody

nobody New Member

My contribution of this week. An Bearded barbet (Lybius dubius)

Attached Files:

14. Wouter

Wouter Member

Very nice skeletons this week from three of the best skeleton builders, thanks for sharing!
    I don't have a skeleton to share myself yet, becausee I've been mainly working on fish skulls lately.

Wouter

15. Sea Wolf

Sea Wolf Well-Known Member

Envious. Very much so. But even happier that we have talent such as this on this forum. :)

16. nobody

nobody New Member

and another European oystercatcher! :eek: ::)

Attached Files:

17. nobody

nobody New Member

....North American flying squirrel (Glaucomys volans)

Attached Files:

18. Awesome skeletons, by all of you!
    nobody, what is the approximate age of that oystercatcher? Looks like it lived a long life, being ringed several times. Nice idea to leave the rings on the skeleton.

19. 2 new great skeletons added ! ;)
    Never seen a bird with 4 rings like this one. What are they all for ? Did you glued them one the skeleton ? I like a lot the flying squirrel too. The long bone that help to support the skin is a wrist bone ? Too bad if he break it when living... looks like a rather fragile part.

Now, Vkvz where are you ?

20. Kendall

Kendall Active Member

The "long bone" on the wrist of the flying squirrel is a cartilaginous strut that supports the patagium (similar in other gliding species) .
    Kendall