1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Where did the posts go?

Discussion in 'Forum Operations' started by Becky P, Jun 4, 2007.

1. Becky P

Becky P One must believe the glass is half full.

Yesterday evening I could not get to the forums, it would not come up, it would go to a search engine. Today at least two posts I made yesterday are missing and they were not bad so I don't know why they would've been deleted. ??? :-\ ???

2. ace man

ace man New Member

i think it was off for most everybody, seems good now thankfully

3. Becky P

I checked my profile and EVERY post I made yesterday is gone. I know I wasn't THAT bad, LOL.

4. Mr.T

Mr.T Active Member

Becky, wait a few more years, you will wonder that everyday. ;D I can't remember yesterday or the day before. I think Ken lost some post, none of any of it was important.

5. Becky P

Mister T, are you saying my posts weren't important??? LMAO Oh well, they probably weren't.

6. joeym

joeym Old Murphey

My post was lost too...I had figured out how to mount a competetion deer head in less than 1 hour...from skinning to finish work...I posted my results so we could all share in this new technology...but now its gone, all gone...how sad!

7. bdahyrt

bdahyrt New Member

...lol...looks like there are a few days worth of posts missing

8. Mi spel cheker is mising :mad:

9. PA

PA Well-Known Member

Becky, whenever a major problem comes in the system, Ken often has to back up to a stored file. Any posts made between the last "saved" file and when it crashes, are lost to oblivion. The post where I offerred money to anyone who could answer a simple question was lost also. I had $1000 to give out, but guess since the post was lost I'll have to keep all my money myself.

10. Gina

Gina New Member

OH YEAH???!! Well what about the post with the picture of me shaking hands with Sasquatch for catching Jimmy Hoffa with a fishing pole??!!! :mad: I dont have a copy of that!!

11. Jason O

Jason O Active Member

Wi
    did anybody save the offer from rick krane, he posted here and said he would give me a weeks worth of hands on training FREE, damn LOL
    i only wish

12. Becky when you posted that topless pic of yourself in your avatar it shut the server down. I saved the copy you sent me though. What was Michael P doing in that picture anyway?

13. Ken Edwards

Ken Edwards Taxidermy.Net Administrator Staff Member

Our new dedicated server experienced a hard drive problem over the weekend that caused some erratic problems. It eventually got worse and crashed last night around 6:00 p.m. We replaced it with a new hard drive last night and restored all of the posts from our most recent backup, finishing up about 4:30 this morning. Unfortunately, some of the posts made after the latest backup were lost, and cannot be retrieved. We apologize for the inconvenience.

14. Becky P

Thanks Ken. I was just wondering, figured it must've been something like that. I've been nice since we got back from the coast, or at least I didn't think I'd done anything to get zapped..........yet, LOL.

eh,hmm, Darrell, I'm TRYING to be nice here. I'm too busy scrambling trying to finish comp. stuff I don't up from down(or topless or not I guess, LOL). Should've stayed home since we didn't get to fish except twice before the boat motor decided to crap out. You might know it would when the weather and water were absolutely beautiful.

15. michael p.

michael p. Getting better with age :)

MAN!!!! I had posted topless pic's of all the hottie's too ;D It was a 1 day deal, Cyrstal & Mandy were included! Sorry guys, I only had permission to post them yesterday.......Sorry :( ;)

16. Jason O

Jason O Active Member

Wi
    michael ,u can send them to my pm box LOL

17. Becky P

BTW, Ken, you are doing an awesome job. Thank you ;)

18. Mr.T

Mr.T Active Member

Not all the pictures were lost!!
    [​IMG]

19. Those girls never looked so good. The way Michael is smiling I think Rosie has her finger up his arss.

20. michael p.

michael p. Getting better with age :)

Becky's kissing butt again ;D LMAO!