1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Arkansas CWD update.

Discussion in 'The Taxidermy Industry' started by John C, Sep 17, 2013.

1. AGFC meeting is set for next Wednesday the 25th @ 1pm.
    201 Spring st.
    Springdale, AR
    1st floor

Subject: All of us VS the CWD Regulation passed in march.

I have fought this extensively the past 2 months. My local Reps and State Senator have helped me a lot.
    Senator Bruce Holland has agreed to be our speaker at the meeting. They're only allowing 2 of us to speak.
    I believe the AGFC is going to allow us a 1 county buffer around the state. While this isn't going to alleviate all the pain, it will help.
    I also believe we are going to discuss a certification/licensing process for AR meat processors and taxidermist. As of right now, we are not regulated what so ever. Bizarre!

Please share with the rest of the association. If anyone has questions, feel free to contact me.

Roger Key
    [email protected]
    479-461-1825 cell
    479-474-1645 plant

2. Ron B

Ron B Life Sucks.....Then comes the death roll!!!!

Alabama
    Fight it! Fight it! Fight it!!!!

It is nothing but a crock of $#@! and even the government knows it! It will just be a tool to destroy hunting as we know it!

One of the best video's on it is by Kieth Warren! I think you can see it on youtube. Filled with information! Try and get everybody going to watch it before the meeting and be armed with the information there in!!

3. Ron B

Alabama
    Heres the link. Everybody involved in the hunting, taxidermy, or game processing business better get involved in stopping this nonsense or you will not have a job! And that is no joke!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1_ltc3dNsPk

4. These CWD regs are ridiculous, not based on biology at all.

John, I hope to goodness that the Ark. taxidermist are not supporting a certification/license procedure, this also would be ridiculous!!!

5. No we have to see what the AGFC offers. Right now its nothing, no cervids from out of state unless they have been skinned and skulls free of any meat and tissue.

6. Thanks for the update John. You fight a great fight, locally and nationally. Appreciate your efforts.

Posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire

7. DL

DL Well-Known Member

I knew a fella in Iowa that had a high fence operation and every animal that was killed had to have the brain removed and taken in for testing. After about four or five years and no positive tests they said don't bother bringing any more in.
    They need to have politicians brains tested. I think this is all part of bunny huggers agenda.
    We can't bring any cervid into the state with any brain material or spine. Fines start at $400. If you admit your bringing an animal in. If you lie and they find an animal hang on.

8. Re: Re: Arkansas CWD update.

Thanks for putting this up john. I have been so busy on the phone the last couple days I forgot.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Ohub Campfire mobile app

9. Ron B

Alabama
    Well...I was planning on hunting in Arkansas during muzzle loader season, but after just readin what they are doing to hunters traveling through &^%%em!!! Arkansas will get none of my money and I will go around the sonof bitches to get home from other trips! These &^%$ Game and Fish assholes need to decide whos side they are on!

10. I plan on being there who else will be there?

11. That is what Washington has been for as long as I've been in this business. With the exception that the states are restricted to a particular list of about 15 or so..

12. The AGFC has already decided to keep the ill written law. So those of that went wasted our time. The Commission read prepared messages.

Roger Key mentioned that according to the AGFC deer bio. CWD is spread through deer feces, saliva and urine. The new law does not even mention the importation of these. just the import on carcasses and unskinned head and not cleaned skull plates. Also Roger mentioned the many taxidermist in Oklahoma send their deer scraps to a rendering plant in AR and it still did not phase the commissioners.

All is not lost, this is just the first inning. We will need all taxidermist in Arkansas to help out in the near future. We do have the state Representatives and Senators on our sideplus I did a fairly long interview with a reporter from a state wide news paper explaining the taxidermist side of this. and the fact the state already has this coming in due to landfills and rendering plants.

13. smittys llc

smittys llc New Member

Fight the [expletive deleted]ers! Lawyer up and file Lawsuits and amendments! CWD is JUST A POLITICAL CASH COW!!! Contact TV host, Keith Warren Numerous lawsuits are pending Nationwide on this BS CWD!!!! The idiots that are pushing this fruitless issue,Post there childrens name,jobs,Family members,Home address,Vehicle Lic. etc. Trust me this will get there attention! Stand up to these limp dicked [expletive deleted]s! This is a VIOLATION on your CONSTITUTIONAL RIGHTS!!! Don't we live in the USA not a COMUNIST STATE?????

14. Ron B

Alabama
    Well.....Clorox their mouths and leave the $#@t and p!$$ in the woods and you should be fine!!! ::)

These people are idiots and they don't have a clue!!!