1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Tannery in Minn.

Discussion in 'Deer and Gameheads' started by DOA BLACKHILLS, Sep 18, 2013.

1. Ok, Here is how the nightmare begins. I have a client who has 5 African animals to be mounted. He was under the impression that the outfitter was taking care of
    getting the tanning done. The capes showed up at his house today,salted, no tan. I'm not even sure if anything has been turned or split,i'll check on that latter.

Does anyone know of a reputable tannery in Minn. he could send them too? I am still trying to talk him in to sending them to my tanner or me first. I really don't
    know why he's second guessing sending them to me first.

If anyone has a name of tanner,you can just send me an im or e-mail,i don't want anyone dropping names on here if they aren't comfortable with that.

Thank you,
    Dave.

2. Randy Miller

Randy Miller Active Member

Because you aren't LEADING him, instructing him on what it is he NEEDS to do. First, what's Minn got to do with it? Second, If he doesn't know what to do explain to him why it is you DO. Third, if you do it for him,he gets what he's after, no hassle. Talk him thru it.

3. i agree, thank you, i'll call him personally tonight. E-mail is great at times,but not on something like this. the phone is better.

thank you

4. Sunram

Sunram Live to Hunt, Hunt to Live

It's no big deal to get a dry-salted cape from overseas. It's the way I prefer them. (have had bad luck with African Tanning) I agree, your customer needs to trust you with the situation. However if he's adamant on sending the hides off himself in MN, Midwest Fur Dressing in Rice, MN does fine work. I use them occasionally and have never had an issue.

Good luck!