1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

problem with euro skull

Discussion in 'Skulls and Skeletons' started by fireduck, Sep 20, 2013.

1. fireduck

fireduck Member

I had a client who dropped of a skull that he had buried over the spring/summer. now he dug it up and brought it to me..
    I cleaned it with soap and water then added it to basic white and 20 volume prox/ well now it kinda looks white/yellow.. what did i do wrong and how can I get it look perfect white.

2. Sea Wolf

Sea Wolf Well-Known Member

Firstly, you need to degrease it still. Secondly, because this guy buried it in the ground, you might never get it white. Your customer needs to know this. Mineral and organic stains get into the bone from the ground it was buried in. Not all of it will be removed by peroxide. There are some other chemicals you can try that will get Iron stains out (Iron Out) but even this is not a 100% cure at times.

Charge him more for the extra effort, chemicals and time it will now take you to try and fix what he did to it. He didn't want to pay you to clean it for him? Tell him that, next time, a fresh head will cost less.

3. fireduck

fireduck Member

Thanks SeaWolf.