1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Beautiful Rainbow and Dolly Varden....sad note

Discussion in 'Fish Taxidermy' started by DocEsox, Sep 21, 2013.

1. If you guys are like me.....you enjoy just looking at a beautiful fish (I never get tired of it). Caught both of these on the same trip last week....both stunning fish....first the rainbow....

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

It's dolly counterpart....largest southern subspecies dolly I have ever caught.....2nd pic is his belly color in the sun....

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I was also saddened this week to read of the passing of Dr. Robert Behnke, the guru of trout and salmon taxonomy. He has always been my trout hero.

Brian

2. Lateral Line

Lateral Line The Sea Refuses No River...

Congrats!! More details; weight, method, location.

3. Nice fish Doc! I wish our Dolly Varden got that big down here. Thanks for sharing!

4. Very nice fish

5. Jim McNamara

Jim McNamara Well-Known Member

Mann, those are two real pretty fish. The rainbow has some nice spotting. Would be a challenge to repro that paint scheme.

6. srholmes30

srholmes30 Living each and every day

Awesome

7. Brian,
    Love the Rainbow and the Dolly Varden.
    Sorry to hear of the passing of Dr. Robert Behnke. I have a book on trout, that he co-authored, that is very informative..

8. Thanks for the pics....great ones as always. So sorry to here of the loss of such a great person. In my thoughts.. God speed.