1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

The newest in fish art??

Discussion in 'Fish Taxidermy' started by Perca, Sep 21, 2013.

1. Randy Miller

Randy Miller Active Member

that's not a mount

2. Perca

Perca Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

3. Ken 2

Ken 2 Member

Great looking fish fractions, very artistic. Question on the salmon...was the rock and fish one cast, or the fish added to the cast rock?

4. FishArt

FishArt Well-Known Member

I'm certain the fish was cast separately...

5. used perch flex eyes... dident charge for the extra fish mostly covered as it was not a customer piece...LOL thanks for the compliment...

6. correct its bondo and fiberglass resin...

7. Timjo

Timjo Active Member

USA
    Half cast fish art prints. Fish art? I guess...... Soooooo Cheap all around.

Very cool 1/2 mount Doug!

Back to the bomb, Fishstuffer, I was debating if the bucket of perch was real also. Well done! I gotta ask, is the water and ice real?

8. den007

den007 Active Member

Let me eat my words of disbelief. I think I know who did that piece, and fishstuffer is certainly capable of pulling off extreme realism. If it has us scratching our heads, it is indeed one of the most awesome paint jobs and molded pieces I have ever seen.
    Now, if you put a penny on one of the fish heads, and snap another picture, we will certainly know it is one of the most artistic casting projects of all time!

9. FishArt

And FLEXEYES too Dennis - lol! ;)

10. i did this a few years ago...was borrowed for too many sport shows and got broke..
    the ice is something they sell for to keep plants hydrated with water..looks like salt but will absorb water and expand.. lasts for 3 days.. was long enough for a sport show... and looks real.
    i would use artificial snow and silicone for a customer piece. (cell phone pic) sorry den dident have a penny just a nickel.

Attached Files:

11. ;D

Attached Files:

12. FishArt

Ouch, that's too bad FishStuffer!!! Some of the best painted perch I've ever seen. Any time taxidermists are questioning whether or not you're trying to pull a fast one on us with pics of real fish, well that means you got serious game!!!! I thought the lack of undercuts under the gills meant they were molded. But, even that I was scratching my head after Dennis brought up the possibility they might be real fish - looking closer and I still wasn't certain either way. Kudo's to you and a job well done! I've yet to see a fish even from the WTC's that was as convincing!!! I'm sure the habitat you did helped sell things as well! I want one!!!

13. den007

den007 Active Member

Lord in Heaven! I believe! I believe! Okay Mr. S....................are you going to tell us who Batman really is!

These fish were truly a phenomenon........I am speechless! Best perch I have ever, ever seen.

14. Perca

Perca Well-Known Member

My thoughts exactly. [​IMG]

15. Timjo

Timjo Active Member

USA
    Indeed, that's some fine work! http://www.taxidermy.net/forum/Smileys/default/shocked.gif Do you still have the mold or molds to make another one? Looks like you could do that with one good silicone mold.

16. the mold got lost in the wynia-lake country ordeal....i still have a few copy's still though.
    i did them in 2005 took to a show won a BOC masters but the judge did not like the idea..
    lol (tacky) on the score sheet..(i dont think he had ever ice fished) said i should have laid some fish on some ice with a ice fishing hole..(like what has been done million times) i was trying something different,and in fish taxidermy its really hard to come up with a new idea that hasent been done yet...
    the last perch repo i seen of timjo's was the nicest perch repo i have ever seen...

17. FishArt

The judge probably didn't like the nickle on your fish - lol!

18. j.mik.

j.mik. Member

Judge the quality of the work, and how well an idea is " brought to life ". Sounds like a jealous judge. Those perch are just too good! You shouldn't have proved yourself. We're supposed to know what we're lookin' at.

19. den007

den007 Active Member

Does your name begin with an S ????

20. yes den.
    steve silseth