1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Dakota Pro vs S&S Fleshers

Discussion in 'Tanning' started by Monette Taxidermy, Sep 23, 2013.

1. Monette Taxidermy

Monette Taxidermy New Member

I took the Joe Meder gamehead class this past spring and I finally have my shop about complete. I am going to buy a flesher but I am stuck between the Dakota Pro and the S&S. I was planning on purchasing the Dakota but I noticed the reduced price of the S&S. Now, I'm up in the air and need a little push towards one or the other.

Please send some advice or reviews on this machine to help aid me in my decision.

Thanks in advance

Eric

2. dozier

dozier New Member

S and S . Haven't heard one complaint . My friend has had one for years . Uses it everyday . Quiet and reliable . Just my opinion .

3. little elk

little elk Member

SD
    Just as a note, Arlington Cape has a very good machine as well, in my opinion.

4. bassman9178

bassman9178 New Member

Used a friends S&S, liked it better than my Dakota Pro.

5. chrisfeldt

chrisfeldt New Member

The S&S Fleshing Machine used to retail for $2200. Currently they cost $1600. Price isn't the only factor when making a decision like this, but it's an important one.

Chris Feldt
    True-Cut Tool, Inc.
    www.fleshingmachine.com
    (231) 832-7002

6. scottdawg

scottdawg Member

S&S fleshing machines are good stuff!!!! Enough said

7. Justice31

Justice31 New Member

My vote out of the two would be Dakota Pro. I didn't like the way shavings hung up in the S S machine. I love the easy and multiple guard adjusters on the Pro.
    [email protected] Big Sky Fur Dressers

8. WBB793

WBB793 New Member

In my opinion Eager Beaver best!! Been shaving for 25 yrs, so I know a thing or two! Keith at Arlington makes a bad ass machine as well!!