1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

They Stole My Hawk! - Part III

Discussion in 'The Taxidermy Industry' started by Joe Kish, Sep 29, 2013.

1. Joe Kish

Joe Kish Well-Known Member

Texas
    Just Fish,

You've been reading between the lines I see. It's always a pleasure to hear from a fellow Keystone man. I've never stopped missing those hardwood forests and farmlands of Westmoreland County.
    By the way... How do I go about getting a migratory bird license? I've never had one in my life. Do they offer a hawk license too?

2. Joe

Am I correct with what I'm reading between the lines.

I'm in the NE part of the state, Bradford County. In the middle of God's country 45 minutes from any Walmart and over an hour from a mall. Just the way I like it. It may no longer be God's country after the gas companies get done with it.

As the name implies, I only do JUST FISH. I do not know about the migratory bird or hawk license. It's probably a federal thing? Maybe George can help you on this. ;D

3. Joe Kish

Texas
    Just fish,

4. Joe Kish

Texas
    Just Fish,

I simply meant that you were perceptive about me enjoying the challenge of testing laws that are clearly weighted in my favor and was enjoying the learning experience even though I put a lot of long hours in making the thing understandable and enlightening to others who might favor my position too but don't have the time or inclination to put it in writing. Between the lines" means gaining an insight and understanding of what was evident but not actually stated.

As for my request for help in getting a bird license, I was just tweeking George's false presumption that I was a licensee. I never have been. If I was, then his statement about "not pass muster in court" would have been correct. I couldn't respond to that directly because I committed to letting him have the last word. He was just trying to make me look foolish but went one presumption too far.

5. George

George The older I get, the better I was.

That was too easy. All I had to do was let you talk.