1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

NTA President's Final Update

Discussion in 'The Taxidermy Industry' started by NTAHQ, Sep 30, 2013.

1. That's the thing right there in a nut shell. Harry you was going to save the NTA for us all because of the love you held for it. You preceded forward even when almost all of us thought you was chasing your own tail. Now that you have the alleged evidence in your hands, you seek reimbursement for your efforts. It appears there was no love after all. If your so sure the NTA will fail without the papers you hold. Then you alone are holding the NTA hostage until you are paid.

2. Harry Whitehead

Harry Whitehead I love to hunt Buffalos!!!!!

See buckfever, you are wrong. Yes, I love the NTA and I'm willing to help any way I can. I'm busting my ass right now entering all of this mess into the computer. AM I GETTING PAID??? NO!!! Now, if the NTA wins the suit in the event that they counter suit, AND they use the information that I have to accomplish this, then hell yes, I want to be reimbursed!!! After all, it was the NTA that caused us to spend the money to start with. OK, let's check your comprehension skills. If you will READ what Janelli posted, you will see that if the NTA wins, we win. If the NTA loses, eventhough they use our info, WE GET NOTHING!!!! So, who is taking the chance. Not the NTA. It is still Fred and I. We would be getting money back so we could at least BREAK EVEN!!! Do you understand???

3. gab

gab Active Member

you are very welcome

4. Harry Whitehead

EA, wouldn't that be called an expert witness? They PAY expert witnesses to testify their knowledge in the matter. We are not Board members. We hold no office. We paid for the information that we posses. If the NTA doesn't want it, fine. If they want to hand all their money over to the Crains, fine. I ask you, what's better, let the Crains and John Janelli drain every cent of the NTA's funds and not fight the suit and it dissolves OR, we work together to fight the suit, recoup lost funds, Fred and Harry get reimbursed for what they have done, and the NTA moves forward with money in the bank. Which one would you want????

5. bmdakk

bmdakk Report to moderator

What about all the donations that was asked of the people on here to Help you get what you couldnt get? Do they get reimbursed? You have to admit, that even though you say you have no personal agendas, who appointed you to bring in your own CPA? that is what makes no sense. I can see them asking you and fred to try and help out with the info you have, but bring in your own CPA, Really, That just Barks underhanded to me. And then to come and say we just want all our money back that we have put into it. To me thats Like paying homeowners insurance for 40 years and not needing it and asking them to give it all back. You spent that money to insure proof that the Crains were dirty, and that was proven that there were alot of Questionable dealings. If you pay to insure your truck and then decide to sell it do you get that back? NO.

I hope you can weed out all the shady characters of the NTA, But should you get your money back?, NO You did what you had to do to get the proof out there, That was a success. but you paid for a product and got it, and now you want it back? LOL

6. Harry Whitehead

Bryan, what are you talking about??? You're analogies are just plain stupid! Please tell me WHAT donations?? We received ZERO help from anybody? We NEVER even asked? Where in the hell did you get that information??
    If I'm paying the bills I can bring my OWN CPA in as well as my own Attorneys! Now if you are talking about the CPA bill that the NTA is going to pay then I'll answer your question, JOHN JANELLI!!! I asked him repeatedly for permission to proceed with getting the program ready. He was aware of who I was using and that there would be a bill generated that the NTA would be liable for. He replied repeatedly ,"Harry, you are the CHAIRMAN of the Finance Committee!! You don't need to keep asking me just do it"!!!!! If he says any different he is a liar!!!!

" If you pay to insure your truck and then decide to sell it do you get that back?"
    Here is a better one that fits, not the stupid statement that you made. "If I pay for a truck and go to sell it, I don't give it away I want money for it!!!!" That makes better sense, please tell me you understand or are you so blinded because of the magnitude of the money that we are talking about and the fact that you just don't want to see anyone be reimbursed for that much even after we have sacrificed to accomplish what we have done. I guess to you, that doesn't matter.

"but you paid for a product and got it, and now you want it back?" HUH??? This is how it works, I paid for a product. It's mine. If you want it then YOU have to pay for it!! Do you go to the store and pay for something and then just hand it right back to them?? You people can't be so ignorant that you don't see what I'm talking about....or maybe you are!!

7. Kerby Ross

Kerby Ross KSU - Class of '83; U.S. Army - Infantry (83-92)

Harry,...............

Harry, you are partially correct on the subpoena definition. It does not mean it is inclusive to expert witnesses, but more so for people who do not want to testify. The court can order you to testify or to present information.

So the fact that you have information about the NTA fiasco means that a court can subpoena YOU to present that information or face punishment. It can be done in a court case that you are not even involved in. And the fact that you stated that you possess some information on this site just gives ammunition to another party.

Kerby...

1.subpoena ad testificandum orders a person to testify before the ordering authority or face punishment. The subpoena can also request the testimony to be given by phone or in person.
    2.subpoena duces tecum orders a person or organization to bring physical evidence before the ordering authority or face punishment. This is often used for requests to mail copies of documents to the requesting party or directly to court.

8. bmdakk

Harry, Pu-lease Do you have a reading comprehension problem? You sold the truck of course you get the money, but do you get the Insurance you for that truck paid back? NO

you paid for the product, it is yours to use however you want, I dont want it cause I dont give an F!,

If I hire a lawyer and a CPA for My business then I would want them to be a Help for me, but how would MY Lawyer and CPA Help the NTA, They dont work them, therefore it is a conflict of interest for you to use YOUR CPA and LAWYERS. Let the NTA hire there own. Just cause you and Fred spent your money doesnt mean you OWN the NTA

Oh and as far as the donations. Read away, I was gonna Pledge some money for the cause, but my gut told me not too because it jsust seemed like a cluster Fick, like it is and will always be

3rd page , reply #38

http://www.taxidermy.net/forum/index.php/topic,331238.30.html.

9. Harry Whitehead

Bryan, surely you're not that uneducated. That was Gregg Ilefield. Not Fred. Not Harry. WE RECIEVED ZERO FROM ANYBODY!!!! Your point is moot! YOU read away, different cause, different people, different issue. I had absoulutly NOTHING to do with what Gregg and company were doing. PERIOD!! It is your lack of comprehension that is the problem here.

What are you talking about with this CPA and Attorney?? The NTA is not using my CPA or Attorney! I made an offer for the NTA to use my CPA just for the convenience of me running the books and the fact that he set up the program when I was Finance Chair but since John Janelli didn't sign the Letter of Engagement then that is a moot point too! To be honest, I wouldn't want ANY of my people to get involved with this bunch anyway.

Kerby, correct, we know that. My attorney says we have an argument on how the information is divulged and what could happen. Has something to do with property. I am not doing this blindly.....good point though, I appreciate the input!

10. bmdakk

To me its one in the same, they were asking to help pay for the copies that you initially failed to get, to me that is helping. Im done here. I think the whole fiasco is crooked along with the majority of the people trying to get what they want. It is not for the betterment of the NTA, it is recooping to save face. Good luck with your endeavor. I will not be sending any wooden nickles to the cause. They will just burn up with the ship. Later suckers.

11. Harry Whitehead

Typical ignorant response once you have been proven to be incorrect.

"To me its one in the same, they were asking to help pay for the copies that you initially failed to get, to me that is helping."
    Problem with this statement is the "To me" part of it.

12. bmdakk

Whatever, its like arguing with a paper bag, you have your agenda and that is plain to see. Good luck. Hope you have alot of members when your done in the HTA. LMAO!!!!

13. George

George The older I get, the better I was.

HARRY, I know you need recognition. I did call you and apologize. I apologized for having taken John Janelli's word that a letter he received from YOUR CPA was a bill. The copy of that letter than I received was simply a blanket document outlining the general services that would be provided IF ACCEPTED. I was wrong then and I made amends by speaking to you personally about being wrong. NONE OF THAT has squat to do with what you're saying here and the collusion you're involved in. What part of "silent partner" don't you comprehend. Why should Mitch Webb (who the hell ever he is, if he even exists from all we've seen him say here) not include that as open information. Perhaps you'd better spend as much time studying the responsibilities of a 501(c) organization as you have in chirping about IRS form 990's.

That's not the only thing you don't have a clue about. Joe Kulis was "contracted". Once you commit an individual to provide a service, the "contract" is implied and even though it was only verbal, it was binding and legal just the same. IF YOU HAD MINUTES ALL OF THIS IS REQUIRED TO BE SPELLED OUT IN THEM. And don't EVEN try that "executive session" bullspit. Executive sessions are only protected from "personnel matters". You can protect the PERSON but have to address the POSITION.

Look back at the "Joe has a question" post and read that oath I quoted. "I neither lie, cheat, nor steal nor tolerate those who do." When I'm proven wrong, I immediatly admit it and apologize for it. That's what I did in my apology to you. It's a damned shame some of that didn't rub off on you. Right is right and wrong is wrong. You're up to absolutely no good looking for your own self-aggrandizement. The more you blather, the more evident it becomes. Trying to insult me or shout me down ain't working too well, but I know you'll keep trying.

14. John Janelli

John Janelli New Member

N.J.
    Mr. Whitehead, as for Joe Kulis being paid in a timely fashion, records will clearly show that it was Fred who told the board to handle Joe Kulis as a vendor, not unlike any other vendor doing business with the NTA. In other words an invoice for Joe's personal out of pocket expenses would be sent by Kulis Inc., and it would be paid thus with no contract or board approval needed. A complete itemized break down of those expenses were sent to the BOD's as follows:

1.) Phone answering system - $59.86
    2.) Stamps - $51.00
    3.) Credit Card set up / programing - $200.00
    4.) Cell Phone usage June through August - $149.06
    5.) Office help - June through September @ $14.00 /hour X 251 hours = $3,989.60
    6.) Airfare for one plane ticket to the convention for Joe Kulis @ $475.60

Total paid to Kulis Inc. = $4,449.52

This is but a mere fraction of what the NTA has been paying out for previous labor, time and work prior to May 17. Moreover, this was all discussed, disclosed and approved at the board meeting. As was erroneously noted elsewhere, the NTA did not pay this money to Joe Kulis for attending the convention. Nothing could have been further from the truth.

Joe Kulis has not charged the NTA a single cent for personal effort, labor or time. He has perhaps uncovered more flaws and deception in the past dealings of the NTA day to day business that on more than one occasion he has proven himself to have gone above and beyond that which any person would expend to keep the NTA in the black. Joe's time alone in what he's done with the web site is of itself highly commendable given that he has not had a single shred of intellectual property i.e. passwords and such to work with. In short, he was assigned to these obligations with the agreement of being reimbursed that he is entitled to for out of pocket expenses. The NTA owes an insurmountable debt of gratitude to Joe Kulis and Mary Trenka, not just for what they have collectively sacrificed for our members, but for what they have accomplished with so little resources to do it with. Then, for those efforts, having to be dragged down Skid Row for it all.

(Joe and Mary, those of us who know you know and appreciate what you've done and are doing for the NTA. Although I have no clue as to where you derive the resolve to look above and beyond all the negativity, you're loved and respected all the more just the same.)

The money you and Fred spent from 2009 to the present was of your choosing, not the NTA. No one authorized you to do so, nobody gave you even the slightest hope of being paid back. The blame falls upon one single undeniable factor in all this...you let your egos decide for you rather than your brains...in Huntsville, Alabama 2009 when you both resigned the most powerful positions of the NTA, your seats on the Board of Directors. A man like Frankie Thompson pushed all the right buttons in both of you that only his expertise in the matter could have accomplished. Had you not allowed him to do that, this all would have ended long ago and maybe, just maybe, on a much more positive note.

Next, you should know that on "The very next day after the convention" Carol and I didn't even start for home yet. We stayed at the hotel till late Sunday night making certain that every bill, invoice and debt was paid on location. Like in paying Joe Kulis, the hotel, the caterers, the awards vendor, the printer, photographer, truck drivers, convention workers etc., we did not need board approval to pay those individuals either. We undermined nobody Mr. Whitehead, we just did our jobs loving every minute of it and all the excellent members we did it for.

Furthermore, we did not attempt to go around Fred in any way shape or form. Nor was there any need to. Ask any board member who heard NTA attorney Pat Berrigan on July 17 discuss Pat Patrick's most unscrupulous professional tactics with the NTA. Long before you ever knew about it, we sent PP a certified letter back in April for a simple financial structured letter of engagement and all the files pertaining to our business together. Like you, we got nothing from him either to this day. In short, Pat Patrick took the NTA for a cash cow and on May 17, the BOD's ended his open end reign as well.

As for your CPA invoice; I told you at the board meeting that I would never sign a letter of engagement with anyone without a price structure or projected expenses to be incurred. Both you and the BOD's agreed to that statement. You informed us that we would have that much as soon as possible. Your analogies of the situation is ludicrous at best. But since you have a very vivid imagination, here's my personal take on the subject too:

Your friend asks you to take his car for a standard tune up at your buddy's garage. Upon completion, the car is ready and your friend is given an invoice for a full engine overhaul rather than just a tune up that was initially agreed upon. The mechanic took you upon your word that the your friend would be agreeable to any amount the invoice claimed. Now you argue that the mechanic probably saved your friend's life from a possible wreck had the engine not been overhauled. Only now you're so angry and volatile over it all, you threaten to belittle your friend. You remain steadfast at winning the argument yet loosing the friend rather than attempt to work things through in an amicable fashion for all concerned.

Let's be clear on this, Mitch Webb was with me on the phone when I spoke with Randy and together we voiced our concerns with regards as to wether or not you represented Randy's firm with your tirade of threats, abuse and bullying emails aimed at me to the Board. I believe even Randy was more than a little taken back when he read and witnessed your incredulous behavior in demanding "payment or else" tactics. Randy assured us that under any circumstances, you were not acting upon his behalf at all.
    It was then I explained to Randy with Mitch listening, that I did not take threats of your nature with a grain of salt and I still don't. Moreover, we assured Randy he would be paid now that we had the opportunity to converse with him as you had so successfully tried to prevent, although I don't why. Not once did either Mitch or myself ever insinuate to Randy that he would not be paid. Rather, we were all relieved a great deal that we had finally opened a line of communication between a much needed CPA and the NTA and even asked Randy for a price quote to handle the 2014 elections. You see Mr. Whitehead, that day on April 18, 2012 with you, Fred and Mike Oropallo in his office, I learned that when people can respectfully talk, listen and agree to disagree...great things can happen, sometimes impossible things at that. But when good people are threatened and bullied for any reason whatsoever, it only leads to chaos. I never even mentioned the word resign to Randy and if I did it was when I told him it was you who resigned again on 8/7/13 because you found me so difficult to work with. May I reiterate that both Carol and my term in office expired on October 1, 2013. Ask anyone who heard me speak at the board meeting what I said with regards to officers seeking not to go beyond the expiration of their terms as bylaws provided for. Both offices of President and Secretary expired midnight September 30, 2013. The timing was right for more efficient people to lead the NTA other than us and without anyone's resignation at all. Please make it your business to call Mitch and ask him what options I offered him to help pay any NTA invoices with.
    No sir Mr. Whitehead, if I was trying to drain the NTA account, I would have given you the card blanche you think you had in your pocket that was actually destroyed once and for all on May 17, 2013.

Oh and incidentally, who was it that told me in 2012 that when you were back in the NTA, you would come back as a Life Member and that the check was already made out??? And I'm the liar now huh??

16. https://www.google.com/search?q=Slander&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&aq=t&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:eek:fficial&client=firefox-a

OK George, look the link up, definition of slander. Yes do you want my attorneys phone number? You have told lies and half truths. I don't know who is feeding these to you but unless you know the whole story don't make any accusations.

Mean while there still is no minutes from the July 2013 board meeting. I do believe I mentioned at the meeting that anyone who handles money for the NTA should be bonded,.

I suggest you stop with the rumors and innuendos now.George Roof, I know you have enough problems without looking for trouble.

You know Mitch Webb is a real person and another thing I have never to this instant of posting this talked to Fred on the phone. I dont believe I have sent him but one email. Now I have talked to Harry on the phone but not the way you think concerning the NTA. I have known Harry maybe 20years I did not record the first time I met Harry, but I do know it was many many years ago.

I also do know one other thing that will make you a total liar. I have not profited from anything I have done for the NTA, nor will I!!

End of story.

17. Just to be clear on the Donations..... They were for Antlerman Tim, & me to help with expenses of trying to get the info that The NTA attorney had. Tim has the names of the people that donated money & may have at this time paid them back. Harry & Fred Had nothing to do with Tim & my battle with the NTA.

Gregg I

18. bmdakk

Like I said Im just here for the popcorn at this point. Too many ramblings and contradictions and deleted posts to keep track of everything. But Im pretty sure the donation thing was under the guise of getting what Harry and Fred spent all the money on and couldnt get, so Tim and You and Janna , and maybe some others, im not sure at this point, was trying to get the records the lawyer had that they wouldnt give Harry, so by doing it your way, you could have them if you paid the Copy fees, which was what the donations were for.. It doesnt matter at this point, just glad I saw through the BS in the first place, cause if I had sent in a membership dues and this was going on now Id be pissed.

Oh and John, The slander should be Libel( written words, not spoken) and should be directed towards Harry Too. He has ruined a couple people Reputations just in this Thread alone.

19. Harry Whitehead

George, first my name is Harry, not Fred. Secondly, if Joe Kulis was "contracted" then so was Randy. I was under the direction of John Janelli and repeatedly told to continue. You can't have it both ways George. Now, the rest of your post is meaningless. So, I'm done with you.

John. Answer me this. What happened when you asked Mitch Webb if it was OK to write Joe Kulis a check. Did Mitch give his approval or did he say that it must go before the Board just as all large invoices must get approval before they are written checks for. What did you do John? You wrote the check anyway didn't you??
    $3989.60 for office help?? Really??? Sounds like the Crains!!! The NTA didn't hire Mary now did they??? But they are damn sure paying her now aren't they!! It is amazing John how you can post what you have. You were involved with wrong doing for so long that you simply don't know any better. What a shame.

If it is fact, it is neither slander OR libel BTW!!!

20. BEAVERS

BEAVERS New Member

Re: NTA President's Final Update

Id like to hear what Mitch Webb has to say since he is the current NTA president...his name has been thrown around a lot but no comments from him....

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Ohub Campfire mobile app