1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

The Month in Fish Pictures" ~Year 6~ October Addition 2013!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Fish Taxidermy' started by Rick Krane, Oct 1, 2013.

1. srholmes30

srholmes30 Living each and every day

Love the yellow perch Rick, Oct is off to a great start

2. hambone

hambone Well-Known Member

Thanks for the good words guys.

3. ausfish

ausfish Member

Hi all great work from all once again .Here is a small bluefin tuna i did for a friend and a gummy shark. cheers Des.

Attached Files:

4. Lateral Line

Lateral Line The Sea Refuses No River...

First perch, trial & error paint schedule.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

5. Red stag

Red stag Active Member

Norway
    Hello- great work everyone!! Here is a Atlantic salmon 39 lbs. Ollie

Attached Files:

6. Another Lake Trout-- 20 pound LCR replica. This fish was taken in the early 60's by my brother-in-law and I worked out the paint job from pictures he had.

Attached Files:

7. troutfeva

troutfeva New Member

An Aussie local a MURRAY CRAYFISH.
    Great work everyone some people amaze me on here.

Attached Files:

8. Kevin Halle

Kevin Halle Well-Known Member

A few for me.

Attached Files:

9. My last work - two repros (tinca tinca and perca fluviatilis) for small museum project.

Attached Files:

10. bwilke

bwilke Member

Looking good everyone! My latest out the door, 15" crappie. I'm still looking to take in more wholesale work if anyone is interested

[​IMG]

11. Kevin Halle

Kevin Halle Well-Known Member

A Striped Mullet recently molded and cast.

Attached Files:

12. Just finished skin mount, natural fins and cast head. ;)

Attached Files:

13. Lateral Line

Lateral Line The Sea Refuses No River...

LMB is an absolutely beautiful blank that I got from Dondi. Perfect scale detail, no seams, very realistic fins. I still may tweak the paint job on the tail, something is just not right with it. The rocks I made per J. Knuths tutorial, oak base was one of several I made for other fish projects.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Black Crappie is a Bryan Russell blank. I was going for the "tucked under cover" look.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

14. JWShadley

JWShadley New Member

Steven Klee, what do you use for gloss? That bass looks awesome!

15. Steven Klee

Steven Klee Steven Klee Studios

I've been using this particular gloss for quite a few years now to re-create not only the wet look of a fish but also on a whitetails nosepad. It wasn't until a few years ago that I learned Rick Krane uses it as well in most of his fish painting videos. It really is a very good product. Rust-oleum specialty laquer (high lustre coating)

Attached Files:

• 2.jpg
      2.jpg
      File size:
      127.5 KB
      Views:
  16. Fogvalley

Fogvalley New Member

[​IMG]

Skin mount saugeye, I was very pleased with how well it matched his photo right when he caught it, it's kinda dark and white but so was his picture sooo all was good

17. JWShadley

JWShadley New Member

I've been using this particular gloss for quite a few years now to re-create not only the wet look of a fish but also on a whitetails nosepad. It wasn't until a few years ago that I learned Rick Krane uses it as well in most of his fish painting videos. It really is a very good product. Rust-oleum specialty laquer (high lustre coating)
    [/quote]

That is the same thing I use on my fish. How many coats do you use? I typically use the three as prescribed in Rick's videos, sometimes 4, but still don't get quite the look your fish do. Maybe I just need more coats. Thanks for the advice, I will have to remember it for nose pads too.

18. Matt

Matt Active Member

Wow, beautiful work guys! Here's one recently finished up.

Attached Files:

19. srholmes30

srholmes30 Living each and every day

Great work thanks for posting. Thanks for the gloss info Steven, Real nice Matt

20. Really nice work everyone. Rick the Perch looks great man nice job. Timjo your seed is smoking like all your fish work absolutely beautiful .