1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Cascade Taxidermy

Discussion in 'Buyers and Sellers' started by nmab, Oct 2, 2013.

1. nmab

nmab New Member

I had Cascade Taxidermy come to my place to make sure my 9 year old bison was caped out properly ($125). The charge to do the mount was $2000. 1 year and 8 months later I got it back. There is a 1 foot by 8 inch patch of hide missing behind the crown of the skull. The 8 inch beard is gone and the hair that is remaining there appears to be singed. The horns are crooked. The moisture content of the mount is over 50%. Hair that was 4 inches long on his neck and forehead is now about 2 inches. The hair on the entire cape is sluffing. He told me that he had tanned it himself. He says this is an exceptional mount. Use at your own risk

2. Mr.T

Mr.T New Member

Like we know where Cascade taxidermy is?

3. Dan Taylor

Dan Taylor Member

Do you have any pitchers,

4. nmab

nmab New Member

Puyallup, Wa. I tried posting pictures, but for whatever reason it won't let me.

5. Mr.T

Mr.T New Member

You can post them to photo bucket, then from there to here.

6. nmab

nmab New Member

http://s1365.photobucket.com/#mediaSelectorTab
    I believe this will get you to the pictures.

7. Mr.T

Mr.T New Member

And you're the resident overflowing toilet. Why are you always talking s hit about everyone here? Even the taxinet moderators hate you. Why they let you post here is mind boggling to everyone. Now go back over to current events where you call people names all day,,, or get a job.

8. cascade1971

cascade1971 New Member

I mounted the Buffalo...first of all this guy doesn't understand taxidermy at all. There was nothing wrong with the mount. This guy is just trying to complain so he can get the thing for free. In fact what he did is take the mount from my shop after me offering to fix whatever he was complaining about (he said "no it is what it is"), wrote a check and then turned right around and cancelled the check...resulting in committing a Class C Felony, Unlawful Issuance Of A Check Or Draft. (see letter and attachements) Bottom line is, beware of mounting anything this guy brings you...he will NEVER be happy and will end up being a pain in your ARSE. If this happens to any of you, Google RCW9A.56.060...what a NIGHMARE

October 1, 2013

David Dehart
    22520 SE 416th
    Enumclaw, WA 98022
    360-802-3082
    Re: Check #10467
    (see all attachements)

Dear David,

On September 21, 2013 you issued check #10467 in the amount of $1088.00 for the second half of services completed by Nathan Neideigh at Cascade Taxidermy, and proceded to remove the item you paid for off the business property at 5604 114th Ave Ct E, Puyallup, WA 98372. On September 23, 2013 you issued a STOP PAYMENT with your bank for that check and committed a crime (RCW9A.56.060) described as an UNLAWFUL ISSUANCE OF A CHECK OR DRAFT.
    I have drafted this letter to you as a courtesy so that you know exactly what your options are moving forward. The law gives you the option to make full payment within 20 days of the issue date of that check in order for charges not to be filed. If you do make a payment in full, you can do so by credit card, money order, or cashiers check in the amount of $1088.00 made out to Cascade Taxidermy by the date October 11, 2013. If you do NOT make payment in full by October 11, 2013 criminal charges will be filed and you are looking at a CLASS C Felony. Just so you aware, a felony on your permanent record means that you will not be able to own a firearm (I attached information on how to restore your firearm rights in the State of Washington) as well as other inconveniences you may have to endure, like fines (up to $1,125.00 to the court, plus other fines not to be deferred).
    My recommendation to you is that you either call in a credit card payment over the phone or drop off a money order/cashiers check by Friday, October 11th so that you won't incure any more charges than you necessarily have to. This is the law we are dealing with and it could end up being a way bigger hassel than it needs to be. Nathan has made offers to fix whatever you are complaining about with your buffalo mount, and if you don't want the issues fixed, you still have to pay him for the work he did. Like I stated, this letter is a courtesy to you so that you have all the information we have and you can make a sound and right decision moving forward for your benefit.

Thank you,

Deanna Powell
    Accounting Manager
    Cascade Taxidermy
    253-445-6116

9. nmab

nmab New Member

Lets get one thing straight. I do not expect to get anything for free. I worked hard for every thing I've got. What I do expect is when I pay for quality work I expect quality in return. When I wrote the check to Cascade Taxidermy, it was in good faith and I planned on taking them to court. However I was so disappointed in the mount that I took it to another taxidermist to get his opinion. He said it was the worst mount he had ever seen and because the hair was slipping so bad that it is not repairable. He also noted to me the moisture content and checked it with his moisture meter. He also noted how filthy it is. It was on his advice that I stopped payment on the check. So the reason I told Cascade Taxidermy "It is what it is" is because I do know a little bit more about taxidermy than he thinks I do, and if he can fix hair that is slipping badly on a bison mount, then he is a better taxidermist than anyone I've heard of.

10. bmdakk

bmdakk Report to moderator

How did he critique the thread???? He was spot on with his first remark, How are we supposed to know where Cascade is? and spot on with his second response with , the photobucket comment! Oh and his third reply,
    Sounds right to me!

11. cascade1971

cascade1971 New Member

I find it hard to believe that another taxidermist would tell you to commit a felony. If you don't pay the money for the work, you have no right to take the item off the property. If you don't pay the $1088 you owe, you will likely end up paying 3 times as much at the end of the day, with fines and restitution, along with having a felony on your permanent record...it's your choice, but only a fool would be stubborn enough to not pay the $1088 and be done with it.

12. cascade1971

cascade1971 New Member

Please tell us what taxidermist gave you all of this great advice...and if you had a better taxidermist you took it to, why didn't you take the buffalo to him to begin with? As I see it, you are making this stuff up...the mount was exquisit and the things you are picking apart on the buffalo don't even make sense. Your original complaints were that the hair had split ends and the horns were a quarter of an inch off...obsurd. Every time you complain, there's a new issue...I've said it before and I'll say it again, if you want the issues fixed, I will fix them...or if you want to have someone else fix them, they will charge you, but you still owe me $1088 and that won't change. Hope to hear from you before October 11th so you don't get a knock on your door from the Sheriff. What you've done is teetering on theft, but what has officially been named as UNLAWFUL ISSUANCE OF A CHECK OR DRAFT - CLASS C FELONY...