1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Contact for Kay Raynewolf

Discussion in 'Buyers and Sellers' started by ice, Oct 3, 2013.

1. ice

ice Active Member

Alaska
    Anyone know what has happened to Kay Raynewolf or how to reach her?

2. lizardguts

lizardguts skull collector

This has been an issue for me as well, I bought a $125 carcass from her back in July. She was very communicative at first, but then it was like she dropped off the face of the planet. When I sent her an e-mail back at the beginning of August I got a response back saying it was a pre-typed message from her family and she was having medical issues - if you want a copy of it I can send a PM. I've noticed since then that her account on here has been logged into several times, so I dunno...I hope she's okay, I was giving it a few months and was going to e-mail her again to see about an update.

I don't mind waiting at all if she's having life issues, but it'd be nice to hear that it hasn't been forgotten.

3. eyeball

eyeball New Member

I bought a pony cape from her all the way back in June! She was extremely rushed to get paid then kept giving me excuses as to why it didn't ship "yet". After awhile I got a really bizarre email that seemed to have been written in third person at times. It said she was having health problems. About a month later I got another one saying she was robbed and her family was trying to help get her business in order. The second email read even stranger than the first email. Again written in third person and its "past" and "future" tense was all over the place, as if whomever wrote it was trying to appear they were not the author. Since its October and just about five months later I think it's safe to say I was the one robbed.

4. ice

ice Active Member

Alaska
    Same here - I sent her a bunch of hides and furs to display and hopefully sell, in some sort of store she said she had . Nothing ever sold, though she kept saying some sales were pending. Been trying for over a year to get them back, but she kept delaying, and then stopped responding.

5. lizardguts

This really isn't sounding good, I was optimistic at first but after hearing about these other deals this is shaping up to be my first bad deal since I started buying on here in '11. I knew it was going to happen sometime but really did not expect it coming from her, she seemed so professional and active in the community.

I'm going to send her another e-mail tonight and if that doesn't work out I'll try calling. It's already past the 45 days I'd be able to do a chargeback from Paypal.

Her website is still up: http://www.nightwhine.com/

6. ice

ice Active Member

Alaska
    Well she'd been on here for quite awhile. I actually had her give me some help with my website. That went alright for awhile... then she started adding her own items to my pages, and began altering text in the ads with misspelled words, so I dropped that. Contacted her repeatedly to get back the furs I sent on consignment, but she always had some excuse for the delay. Then, nothing. A little strange though, because she had been very active on here for quite awhile. Seemed to have successful dealings with people. But a completely different story the last year and a half or so.

7. lizardguts

Posting an update here. I actually did not get around to e-mailing her until just this morning, so hopefully she responds. Also I found my Paypal confirmation e-mail and it sent it on June 14th, the total with shipping being $155

I thought Ice and Eyeball would like to know that she's apparently been active on Facebook throughout the last two months and has been attending rabbit shows but apparently didn't find it necessary to get into contact with her customers :/

8. Looks like she was all over Facebook in September. The last post states that she had computer issues in mid-sept. But it looks like you guys had troubles with her before that. You can find her FB with a quick FB search.

9. Mink

Mink New Member

I know Kay pretty well and will see if I can reach her. She's had some health problems off and on, and also recently found out she is pregnant. Aside from all that she'd also been having issues with theft and vandalism to her property, so she's really had a lot going on in her life at this time. I'll write to her this afternoon and see if everything's okay.

10. eyeball

eyeball New Member

Thanks for the update Lizard and for everyone else's input.
    I've had one other problem with a seller on here. Phil from Silverbrook Farms. That guy is a HUGE rip off artist. I actually hired an attorney out by him and took him to court. He of course didn't show up for court and he now has a $1,400.00 judgement against him.
    I plan on doing the same with Kay. It's not as costly as you would think and you can usually find an attorney that will represent you with no money upfront and their fee will be included in the judgement against the person you bring to Claims Court. If the items you bought were for a client project you can include your total monetary amount for the full retail price of the lost sale. (Which is the biggest problem for me in all of this, I now have a very unhappy customer.)
    It's also a case you WILL WIN and all legal fees will have to be paid by her.
    The judge will see all the email excuses and other nonsense. The PayPal reciept or canceled check, and the amount of time between excuses and have zero reason to even let it take up too much of the courts time. You also don't have to physically be there. An attorney is all you need.
    I just don't like being ripped off and when I see somebody doing it to multiple people I feel somebody HAS to do something about it. It's the principle. There are too many people running around stealing THOUSANDS of dollars from honest, hard working people. If she pulled this on taxidermy.net who knows what other places she has done it on? I'm certain we are not the only victims here.
    Lizard and anyone else that was robbed feel free to message me and I would be happy to provide you any information you would need if you would like to get your money back as well. Lawyers just see $$$ when it comes to situations like this and since she will be responsible for the legal fees its literally no sweat off your back.
    -A

11. Mink

Mink New Member

I finally heard back from Kay. She's honestly been having some very difficult times in her life and says she should hopefully have everything situated again by spring.
    Here is part of what she wrote to me via Facebook:

"I almost died due to excessive black mold exposure and having a compromised immune system from the fire that almost got me last year...I have had to move from the place I was buying (both the shop and residence) but all pending customer orders are fine and in appropriate storage (frozen/cold/other taxidermists) and will remain there until I am able to get them sent out/finished. I had less than two weeks to get everything moved when the health department got involved to find a way to move a full business, residence, and farm while I was unable to really do anything but give directions, sleep and be sick. I had to rely on others whose help I was and am very grateful for...I am not currently settled into a permanent place yet and still in and out of the hospital as well to treat the effects of the exposure as well as prevent long term damage. I am also 23 weeks pregnant which complicated treatment and also puts my little one at risk."

She had also dealt with thefts and vandalism at the shop before she had to move out, which resulted in the loss of some records and other documents and electronics. Having met Kay in person at the 2012 NTA show, I know she's a very honest person and would never intentionally scam or "rip off" anyone. But sometimes life throws us challenging curveballs and for some of us it can be much more challenging than others. Taking her to court would only further add difficulty to her life at this time, so I would seriously recommend just keeping patient and understanding. Myself, I had sent her a pine marten some time back to trade and have not received anything yet in return since all this has happened, but I'm not going to push the issue. For me, the well-being of a friend is much more important than a pine marten's value.

If I did not know Kay in person I would speak differently about this kind of situation, of course; but she's a good, kind person and is working hard to get things back in order. I will post any updates I hear back, and I wish her the best!

12. Mink

Mink New Member

It took her a few days to even respond on Facebook. She's having to use public internet sources because her laptop was among one of the items she lost from theft.

13. lizardguts

I do feel for her, but she's had the time throughout the past few months to post often on Facebook. Any one of those times she could've taken a few minutes to get in touch with her paying customers, so there really is no excuse there for ignoring people for so long.

Thank you for contacting her Willinghams, it's much appreciated. She hasn't responded to my e-mail or facebook message

14. Me too. I got something quite awhile back from her and all went well. It would really make her look better if she at least hopped on and said something.

15. wayne70

wayne70 Member

I have had numerous dealings with Kay over the last couple of years and all has gone well. I even sent her a few items for consignment.

16. engc237

engc237 Active Member

I also had good dealings with kay hope she gets things in order and things work out ok for her

17. eyeball

eyeball New Member

The saga continues! Now it seems that despite the obvious rip offs Kay has pulled on taxinet, "WillighamsTaxi" is now middle manning sales for her on other forums! This is unbelievable. She owes a bunch of us a ton of items or money and now has other people posting for sale items for her! So does anyone else want to join me in my lawsuit against her now? If so please PM me and take a minute to read the thread in this link: http://willinghamsfur.deviantart.com/journal/Selling-Taxidermy-Items-for-a-Friend-410495694?offset=10#comments

18. Mink

Mink New Member

All I can say is, it's really a shame that some of our society has come to the point where some individuals are scorned and bashed for trying to help a friend in need. I understand that the presence of legitimate scammers has perpetuated this issue, that it's hard to know who to trust these days, and honestly had I never met Kay in person I would have thought some of the same things by reading this post. But please, at least try to understand that she's no "thief" by any means. She is working on improving her health & living situation currently, and once she is settled she WILL ship out all items that have been sold.

I don't know how to make that any clearer, and I don't even know how I can fully explain what's going on, without people going off on me and sending me yet more nasty messages than I've already received. From my point of view this is extremely frustrating, and I can't even imagine what it must be like on her end. I'm honestly about done with this site. It used to be helpful and informative, but now there is simply too much drama! The only reason I joined DeviantArt was because there is less drama than Taxidermy.net. Seriously.

19. AsylumArtwork

AsylumArtwork Instagram @AsylumArtwork

Ellie, I think it's great that you are showing kindness to a friend in need. I don't think that's the issue here tho. I've purchased from both you and Kay numerous times in the past and all transactions have been wonderful. However, I too, am still patiently waiting for my last large order from Kay to ship out that was placed in early summer. I know she is having some life-threatening health problems, and I'm okay with waiting longer for my order from her. I truly wish her the best. But I think the issue here is that if she is unable to ship out orders to the folks who paid her several months ago, will she be able to ship out these new orders if her items sell from your site? And if so, why aren't our orders being sent out currently if she is able to ship at this time? I received an email from Kay a while back and I told her it was okay to ship my items when she was able. However, it sounds like some of these folks haven't had any communication with her for quite some time, and not for the lack of trying on their part. I think the bigger issue might be the lack of communication. I don't think anybody expects someone to jump out of a hospital bed to start processing orders, but when she is well enough to begin to make new sales to ship out, I think it would help if her old faithful customers were given an update as to when their orders might ship out as well.
    Again, I see nothing wrong with helping a friend in need, and think you are a wonderful person. And I wish Kay the best and hope these situations will all be straightened out to everyone's satisfaction.
    :)
    Megan

20. Mink

Mink New Member

I do agree there, and I'll encourage her to get in contact with anyone has sold things to. I know some of her files and records did get lost or mixed up when her prior residence got vandalized but I am sure she'll get things straightened out enough to get back in contact with clients soon. I am not sure how often she can get over to the public internet source, since I haven't heard from her in a few days myself (she cannot drive due to some of her health conditions) but I trust her and hope everything's okay!