1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Fish Molding workshop with Terry Weick

Discussion in 'Fish Taxidermy' started by Trashfish, Oct 8, 2013.

1. Trashfish

Trashfish It's not easy being me!!

Fine tune your Fish molding skills and learn techniques I use daily in my studio . I will be taking on 10 people for a full day of molding a fish head, casting using your mold, and many ideas I use for competition pieces. The work shop will be taking place during the Michigan Taxidermy convention at GrandRapids Devos Center, March 21st 2014. All major materials will be donated from Silicones Inc., Innovative Polymers and myself. This is on a first come first serve bases and a deposit is required. The total is for the low cost of a $100.

I would like a fish in the range of 20- 25 inches, it don’t matter if it’s coldwater or warm water fish. Give me a ring if you have any brief questions at 269-793-3259. Our MTA treasurer Pam Onken will be taking deposits. Her number is 269-561-5014

2. Sounds great Terry. What day is it?

3. Just saw it's the 22nd. Thanks Terry.

4. Pescado

Pescado Biggest in 2011

Will you be autographing the finished product?

5. Rick Krane

Rick Krane Fish Taxidermist/ Judge/ Sculptor/ Instructor

Terry is not just a great friend but one of the greatest Molding and casting guys in the busses period! Any one can benefit greatly from Terry's know how and his ability to share his gifts of molding and casting! I have spent time at his shop and it is a great facility to take a workshop too!

Rick Krane
    Anglers Artistry

6. Trashfish

Spots are filling fast, If you are considering this hands on work shop, contact Pam for the availability.

Terry

7. Do you have to be a member of the MTA?

8. I have personally spent time with Terry in molding and casting he is very knowledgeable in all phases of fish taxidermy. If you want to be the best you have to learn from the best!

Thanks for all your help Terry!

Casey

9. Trashfish

Big J,
    You don't have to be a current member, but need to join. Also registration for the show don't have to be paid, but it will leave you out of all the fun extras, like Friday night fun night, Daily show tickets for admission,entering a competition piece, 4 days of seminars from the worlds top taxidermist, and the list goes on and on.

10. Hey Terry I signed up today and the lady told me it was on the 21st.

11. Trashfish

8 out of the 10 spots have been filled, The MTA will be taking interested Taxidermist names after the workshop is filled, in case anyone has to drop out. There is a small correction- It is going to be on Friday, March 21st not the 22nd. There was a typo on my contract stating that date. I also will plan on continuing the seminar on the 22nd if the group has any intrest. Congrats to all the out of state Taxidermist who are taking advantage of this workshop. We have people from Alaska, Alabama,and more!

12. I'll be there as well. Can't wait. This seminar is going to be sweet! Terry's a great instructor. See you all in March.

-Nick Cassel

13. dartondude

dartondude New Member

where can I get more imfo on the show its self?