1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Anglers Artistry Recent Student Work 2006-2019!!!

Discussion in 'Training' started by Rick Krane, Sep 2, 2006.

1. Rick Krane

Rick Krane Fish Taxidermist/ Judge/ Sculptor/ Instructor

Re: Anglers Artistry recent Student Work 2006-2007!

Chad your welcome any time my friend! I wish I could join you in NY this week! I'll be thinking of your many Big Browns you'll be catching! You work ids improving and your leasons have served you well! Great effort and Patience equals success!

My Best!

Rick

2. coastallabs60

coastallabs60 New Member

VA

I have recently retired from the Military and I am looking forward to learning taxidermy. I have spent a good deal of time reading and talking with many people who are active on this site before I had made a decision to take a workshop with Rick Krane. I have heard nothing but the hightest recommendations. I looked into full time schools and other who offer workshops and it was between Gary Bruch from Pennsylvania and Rick and my decision was based on reputation and teaching. Both men are good at what they do so it was not based on ability but I want to learn taxidermy that is high quality and well rounded for my own fish and hopfully others whom bring me fish. I have sighed up for 10 day and I will be working on completing 3-4 fish in this time. I hope my work looks half as good as the others who have learned before me.
    Roger Haus VA.

3. Rick Krane

Mr. Haus

I thank you for your kind words and recommendation. I know you will find your experience to be a fun one with lots of fish work mixed in. I look forward to working with you in the upcoming year!

My Best!

Rick Krane

4. coastallabs60

coastallabs60 New Member

VA

Rick you are a gentleman and I be in touch after the holidays. I will get all the listed items together we discussed. I am excited about learning fish taxidermy with you in New England. I will be in contact after the holidays.
    Roger Haus

5. Debbie N

Debbie N New Member

MA.

Happy thanksgiving to the other anglers artistry guys thankls for all the help.
    Stanley

6. Rick Krane

Happy Thanksgiving to one and all of the Anglers Artistry family of fishheads! Too tell you the pride I feel for the freeindships and the talented folks i have had the great pleasure to work with is beyind words to me. Happy Thanksgiving!

Rick Krane

7. Rick Krane

This week Anglers Artistry is proud to host a wonderful taxidermist and a Gentleman who is here at Anglers Artistry for 10 days top work on some fish work goals! Mr Mike Meszaros of Lloydminster, Saskatchewan, Canada. Mike owns and operates A-1 Taxidermy a full time taxidermy shop. Mike is the Last workshop family member of the 2007 year! Mike is a on a fast track to a solid taxidermy career for sure. All ready with a bird course from Glen Browing and a mammal course with Ken Walker and a up coming deer head workshop with Joe Meder Mike is rounding off his taxidermy with us here at Anglers Artistry. A great start into taxidermy I would say!

Mike has been working on a reproduction Walleye,Northen Pike and a few skin fish as well. Here is Mikes first project a beautiful Walleye reproduction in the beginning stages to near completion. The final fish picture will be up a bit later on Friday. I hope you all like Mikes fish work!

My Best!

Rick Krane

Here is Mike after priming his Walleye He is ready for the fun to start!
    [​IMG]
    Mike has his base colors and body marking done on to some of the detail work!
    [​IMG]
    Mike detailing some fin work.
    [​IMG]
    Mike doing some paint work and detailing of the lower body. Mike did all,the belly scaling from scratch and by hand Great detail here!
    [​IMG]

8. Taxidermy101

Taxidermy101 New Member

Mike welcome to the family... I hope Rick isn't working you to hard on you. LOL! It all brings back memories for me. Great work so far.
    Matt

9. sparkyf

sparkyf New Member

Mike...That is a STUNNING job on that walleye!!!!!! Beautiful! Rick- when is the DVD coming out for that? :eek: :eek: :eek:

10. Rick Krane

Big Thanks guys for the kind words for Mike!!! Here is a proud Mike holding his Walleye in the snow of New Hampshire. Great work for sure!!! Yes the Walleye will be in the next batch of up coming DVDs when ever they get down soon.

Rick
    [​IMG]

11. Rick Krane

Happy Birthday Jimmy Lawrence! I hope your 21st is one to remember but a safe one to savor forever!

Your friend!

Rick Krane

12. Rick Krane

Here is a finshed detail photo of Mikes work. I think the detail is Awesome in this fish. I'll be posting an Painting essay on painting a repro walleye some time this up coming week.

My Best

Rick Krane
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

13. Debbie N

Debbie N New Member

MA.

Smokin walleye mike! good luck in your class I had lots of fun and learned lots of cool stuff. I want to do a walleye like that one a reproduction next. You made me want to try that by seeing how smokin your came out. Stan

14. Re: Anglers Artistry recent Student Work 2006-2007!

I`ve been away from here awhile . Jimmy , I hope you had a great birthday . Mike , that is a awesome job on that walleye . Looks like you are really talented. Good luck with the rest of your workshop.

15. Jimmy Lawrence

Jimmy Lawrence Well-Known Member

Randy, Yeah I had a good birthday. We just now got some power at my place. Its been out for a couple days now. Almost had to get some generators for my freezers!!!!! I stayed home, and some buddies came over and threw some darts, and stuff. I can't wait to do some more fish at Rick's place. Im taking a few this time round. Anyway if you dont get on here before the holiday, have a good,safe one!!! Jimmy.

16. Rick Krane

Randy, Jimmy, Stan!!! Hey Fish Dudes! Randy got your Email I will be calling tomorrow! Jimmy so glad to hear you got your power back no get warm and get some sleep! Stan thanks for the kind words my young friend!

OK a few more cool pictures from Mr Mike Meszaros of Lloydminster, Saskatchewan, Canada!!!
    OK here is a beautiful conventionally mounted Walleye real head real fins the whole shotting match!
    [​IMG]
    Here is the finshed Northen Pike reproduction from Lou Wynia Repros!
    [​IMG]
    Here is some detail shots of the Pike Repro!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

17. Re: Anglers Artistry recent Student Work 2006-2007!

WOW!!!!!!! Mike, your fish look Awesome!!!!!!! That all skin Walleye, is one tough looking dude! Looks like you and Rick have been busy having some serious fun with fish! Mike I hope Rick took you to the hot chocolate spot, looks cold there.
    Great job teacher and student!!!!!!!!

18. coastallabs60

coastallabs60 New Member

VA

Michael very good job on your fish. I really like the walleye and the Pike the best. Best of luck in your endeavors.
    Roger Haus

19. beresford13861

beresford13861 I love animals, they taste great!

wholy moly! i just spend 2 hours reading up on this post, how awsome! i loved every piece!

20. Re: Anglers Artistry recent Student Work 2006-2007!

Hey Jimmy , Glad you got your power back . I work for the power company here in Georgia . We have about 250 of our guys in Oklahoma right now helping restore power there. I wish we could get some of that moisture here . It is very dry , but we are supposed to get rain tomorrow . It has been hot here this past week, close to 80 degrees a couple of days, but temps are supposed to cool down on Sunday . Take care and stay warm.
    Mike , your fish are great, man !! I just got a couple of bowkilled, Saskatchewan whitetails, in here, to mount . One is really nice,(160`s).
    Have a safe trip back home. Randy Kittle