1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Anglers Artistry Recent Student Work 2006-2019!!!

Discussion in 'Training' started by Rick Krane, Sep 2, 2006.

1. Rick Krane

Rick Krane Fish Taxidermist/ Judge/ Sculptor/ Instructor

Re: Anglers Artistry recent Student Work 2006-2007!

I wanted to show off some great fish work of one of our favorite Sons Mr. Jimmy Lawrence of Bedford Iowa! Jimmy is doing very well post his Anglers Artistry workshop and I really wanted to show this great White crappie Jimmy just finshed. I take a great deal of personal pride in the great folks I have had and have the privilege to workwith. Jimmy is absolutely one of the hardest working gentleman I have had the privilege to work with!

My Best!
    Rick Krane
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Jimmy Lawrence

Jimmy Lawrence Well-Known Member

Re: Anglers Artistry recent Student Work 2006-2008!

Thanks for the confidence Rick!! Sometimes words are hard to find to describe something important. Since taking my workshop, my eyes look at every aspect of fish in a different light. You are a true inspiration to me,and always will be. I gained knowledge, and a friend for life. Those two things you can't possibly put a monetary value on!!! Enough with the mushy stuff. Your one of my best friends Rick. Thanks.

3. J COLE

J COLE New Member

WoW Jimmy that crappie is fantastic . The coloration is incredible . Good photos , you can realy see all the hard work and dedication to distinct detail. Nice work man!!!

4. Chad See

Chad See Certified "Fish Head"

Jimmy, Great crappie! Love the subtle iridescent tones! Looks very real! Great job!!!! I have a couple of crappies that I molded... I can only hope they turn out that well.

5. Re: Anglers Artistry recent Student Work 2006-2008!

Jimmy , i went to one of ricks seminars laast year, i cant beleve how much i learned . cant imagine working with this guy. real nice guy by the way.!

6. Debbie N

Debbie N New Member

MA.

Jimmy I think that is a blue ribbon fish! Are you going to put that fish in a base? Cool!
    Stan

7. Re: Anglers Artistry recent Student Work 2006-2008!

Jimmy, My Man !!!! Awesome crappie ,dude !!! Great work . The eyes look great and the paint job is sweet. Nice job in every way . Take care . Randy K.

8. Re: Anglers Artistry recent Student Work 2006-2008!

Just wanted to let anyone know that is considering a fish taxidermy work shop to consider Rick Krane at anglers artistry. I very recently spent five days with him and it was well worth it. I went to work on skin mount skills and reproduction work. I never knew I could come home with as much knowledge about fish in my life. Rick is awsome at what he does and even better as a teacher. He makes sure you know why your doing what your doing and YOU WILL LEARN. He pushed me to learn so much and I am very greatful for him keeping the fire lit under my butt to keep me learning. There were a few times I got stumped on certain techniques and he knew how to get me through it. I left home with a dead bass and a blank rockfish. I returned home with a huge amount of skin mount knowledge, the most beautiful rockfish I've ever seen and one hell of a friend. So thanks Rick I had one hell of a time I will make it back to Hinsdale sooner than later. Hey Jimmy awesome crappie, you learned from the best.

9. Rick Krane

Thanks Travis!!! It is always so great to make a new friend and have others in the Anglers Artistry family enjoy a great friend as well!
    So here is a few super pictures of a Super Striper from Mr. Travis Jones !!!
    "Jackhammer" if Randy likes it we'll get a big Jack hammer!
    Enjoy!
    Rick
    Here is a full Body shot of the Striper
    [​IMG]
    Here is a close head shot of some serous eye detail!
    [​IMG]
    Here is some scale detail.
    [​IMG]
    The close up head shot!
    [​IMG]
    Here is the man and his humble instructor...
    [​IMG]

10. Re: Anglers Artistry recent Student Work 2006-2008!

WOW! Very Very nice Travis! Looks like you spent some time in Ricks lazyboy tipping scales. That eye is too awesome!
    Congrads!

11. coastallabs60

coastallabs60 New Member

VA

Congratulations Travis on your fishworkshop. We fish for Rock fish here in VA as a staple to sporting recration. Your Rock fish is dead on! It is increadable how you created they eye on your fish to look accurately to detail fro the live fish. All I can say is you will be getting your share of Rock fish. Rick your teaching continues to impress the heck out me I wish I took a class 20 years ago.
    Roger Haus

12. Taxidermy101

Taxidermy101 New Member

Now that is a Striper! Great fish Travis! That is a wicked fish in any ones book. Git to see some of NH I see. from the Essay good for you. Welcome to the family.
    Tax101 Matt

13. Jimmy Lawrence

Jimmy Lawrence Well-Known Member

Wow!!! I'm speechless!! That is amazing!! I too believe you spent some quality time making friends with the La-z-boy chair!! I know I did!!!! Great work from a GREAT STUDENT. And as usual, a FANTASTIC TEACHER!!! Super clean work! Keep us posted on your progress, I know I will be looking foreward to seeing it!

14. Chad See

Chad See Certified "Fish Head"

That is sooooo awesome. I did a couple stripers about a month ago, but I didnt do any that looked like that. AMAZING!! Travis, you obviously are talented and Rick, you are obviously a great teacher. Our family just seems to keep growing and growing!

15. Debbie N

Debbie N New Member

MA.

Travis that is the best striper I have seen. My Dad and I catch them I want to do one up. I got to spend a day with rick at Christmas break it was fun he only yelled once LOL.You did a great job and must be proud. welcome to the family too. Stan

16. Re: Anglers Artistry recent Student Work 2006-2008!

Thanks for the great comments everyone. I am happy as I could possibly be with my striper. I'm also happy to be a part of the Anglers Artistry family. Its a good feeling to know that all the students are willing to help each other and keep each other motivated. I know when I was considering the workshop all of your photos really drove me to sign up. Its true motivation to see each student learning and having fun. On top of that doing excellent excellent work. But when you learn from the Micheal Jordan of fish taxidermy what do you expect

17. Re: Anglers Artistry recent Student Work 2006-2008!

I saw rick last year in michiganm, what a great guy , i learned a lot in just two hours in one of his seminars, i cant imagine taking a class with this guy.

18. Re: Anglers Artistry recent Student Work 2006-2008!

Travis , Awesome striper !!! I`ll have to say it , It`s Jackhammer !!! I have a couple in the freezer ,so it looks like I need to get going, on one of them . Great Job on yours . Looks like Rick, can still teach, a little . LOL Seriously ,he`s an awesome teacher and a great guy. You did a great job, Travis !!
    Randy

19. Rick Krane

Randy!!!!!
    You always make me LOL!!! I knew we would get a Jackhammer!!!! Hope your doing well!!! Get back up here soon I need fishing leasons! I'll do better next time just no Souther baits for my Northen Bass!!! LOL!!!!!
    Rick

20. Re: Anglers Artistry recent Student Work 2006-2008!

Thanks Randy. Rick had alot of good things to say about you when I was up there. He told me one of your favorite sayings was JACKHAMMER, so everytime I wasn't smiling for the camera he would always say it. Be sure to post some pics when you finish your striper. I've seen some of your work and it's outstanding as well. Now hopefully I'll have a striper framed beside your awesome crappie in Ricks shop.