1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Anglers Artistry Recent Student Work 2006-2019!!!

Discussion in 'Training' started by Rick Krane, Sep 2, 2006.

1. Taxidermy101

Taxidermy101 New Member

Re: Anglers Artistry recent Student Work 2006-2008!

Travis for the record I think your Striper is right on! I never got a Jackhammer LOL! The question is did you get Rick to smile! He is a tough one to get to crack a smile when he is in the zone. Randy tyred killing him that doesn't count. You must have done good if you got him a picture with ya. Great striper.
    Tax101

2. Rick Krane

Rick Krane Fish Taxidermist/ Judge/ Sculptor/ Instructor

Me not smile! Matt I smile all the time when I see you guys get it or that light bulb go off above your head. Well Randy did try to Kill me LOL! Kidding! He problem made my pneumonia pass quicker with making me laugh so much. You guys are the best! Carry on!
    Rick

3. Re: Anglers Artistry recent Student Work 2006-2008!

Hey Tax 101 , you just have to tell Rick a joke, or two, and he will crack up and smile , and while I was there, choke . LOL Travis ,I would bet Rick has already put that striper picture in his shop . He is proud of his students and their success. Rick , I`m working on some new fishing tactics for our next trip . I have to stay ahead of you in someway . LOL You probably have mastered the Southern dock fishing by now . LOL And by the way , I did not try to kill you . You were doing a good job of that, on your own . Mountain Ed ,will back me up, on that. Take care, all my friends and fellow fishheads .
    Randy

4. Rick Krane

Here is a cool fish by 2006 Family member Mr. Travis Peterson! This week Travis was so kind as to share with us some of his recent work! Travis has made a mold and cast of a Small Jack Coho Salmon. To add artistic flair Travis also made a mold of his hand and created a cold cast to add a look of artist viewing pleasure! Super work Travis!

My Best!

Rick Krane
    Here is an outside picture of a winter morning in Ketchikan Alaska!
    [​IMG]
    Here is another great picture of the Jack Coho!
    [​IMG]
    Here is a nice inside shot of this work of art!
    [​IMG]

5. Jimmy Lawrence

Jimmy Lawrence Well-Known Member

Awesome work my friend!!! I have wanted to do a hand thing for a while now!! Hope mine turns out a third as good as yours.
    Jimmy.

6. Re: Anglers Artistry recent Student Work 2006-2008!

Beautiful work Travis !!! It must be cool to live in Alaska with all the fish and wildlife available .

7. Chad See

Chad See Certified "Fish Head"

Travis, that coho is the bomb. Love the presentation and the paint work. NICE!

Here is a 16 inch eastern brook trout that I personally caught, molded, and painted. Just finished the paint today and will be building a base soon.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

8. Re: Anglers Artistry recent Student Work 2006-2008!

Beautiful work Chad !!!! I hope to do a brookie sometime soon. They are beautiful trout. Excellant job on yours.

9. Debbie N

Debbie N New Member

MA.

Chad that is a wicked brooktrout Im so wanting to do one up. I only hope mine comes out close to that good. seriously that is one of my favorite I have seen on here.

Travis wicked cool coho i want to do a hand! Rick won't show me until Im done growin. Im bigger then him now. Wicked fish guys!
    Stan

10. Jimmy Lawrence

Sweet Brookie, so, soooo jealous!!!

Heres a "oldschool" arp blank. Nothing special. "commercial jobby" for lack of better term.

Cant post a better pic, they are all too large. But heres an angled shot.

Jimmy.

11. Rick Krane

WOW!! Chad you the man!!!!!! I love the Brookie!!!!! Some times in life we draw from the same place where we hold the doubt! I'm so glad to see the well is very full and abundant with the springs of your talent!
    Your friend!
    Rick Krane

12. Rick Krane

JIMMY!!!! You are a very scary gentleman! Every time I think your mounting a deerhead you blow me away with a great fish!!! Super job Mr. Lawrence!!!

Your friend!
    Rick
    PS see you soon Mr. L!!!!

13. Rick Krane

Travis you are quite a motivated gentleman and have been busy since his workshop with the family in the snow and the mountains. I see the hard work hard and some good reference on one of the coolest of the Esox has paid off for you. Esox americanus vermiculatus also known as the Red Fin Grass Pickerel. This week Travis was so kind as to share with us some of his recent work! Travis used the cast of a Ron Reynolds of this 11" inch Redfin! Super work Travis!!!!
    Your friend!

Rick Krane
    [​IMG]

14. Re: Anglers Artistry recent Student Work 2006-2008!

Beautiful fish Jimmy and Travis . You guys are doing excellant work !!! I think they both deserve a JackHammer !!! LOL

15. Re: Anglers Artistry recent Student Work 2006-2008!

Thanks for the kind words on the coho jack!!!
    WOW! Chad that brookie is so nice! Great job! They say we have some around here in SE Alaska, but I have yet to find one. There is still a open slot for a state record here. Cool looking fish!
    Jimmy, my friend, You amaze me everytime you post one of your awesome fish. Very sharp looking bass. I can not wait to see what you do with that Pink salmon!
    Travis, Nice work!! That looks like a very fun fish to work on! I have never seen one in person, only photos. Looks like you nailed it! Love the closed mouth!
    Nice work everyone! I always look forward to seeing work from "Fish Boot Camp" veterans!

16. Jimmy Lawrence

Travis my friend!!!! Very modest of you!! Your work impresses me equally!! I can't wait for the pinks as well!! Rick!!! I booked my flight today man!! Getting closer!!

Again, very nice work on the pickerel. Here is the same bass as I posted before, just another shot.

Jimmy.

17. coastallabs60

coastallabs60 New Member

VA

Very nice fish Travis J, Travis P, Jimmy L, and Chad See! What nice work you all do. I really enjoy the art side of what some of you can do to make a fish display look even better.
    Roger Haus

18. Re: Anglers Artistry recent Student Work 2006-2008!

Thanks Jimmy, Travis, Rick, Roger and last but not least Randy. Hey man I'll take a JACKHAMMER anytime I can get it. You all are such great motivaters for me and great to chat with. If this Anglers Artistry family ain't the best I'll hush. Everyone keep up the good work.

19. Rick Krane

OK Travis I got the teaser picture of the Largemouth Bass you mounted when you were here I want to see the rest of this beauty this week now that you have painted it back in your shop! Even better send it to me by Thursday I think it will show up on that other little string we all enjoy and share in the in fish section! I can't wait!!!

Jimmy 3 weeks and counting! Ohhhh we will work!!! Stitches and all (they'll be out by then)!
    Rick

20. Re: Anglers Artistry recent Student Work 2006-2008!

10-4 Rick. I'll have some good pictures by thursday. Hope you like it.