1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Anglers Artistry Recent Student Work 2006-2019!!!

Discussion in 'Training' started by Rick Krane, Sep 2, 2006.

1. Rick Krane

Rick Krane Fish Taxidermist/ Judge/ Sculptor/ Instructor

Re: Anglers Artistry recent Student Work 2006-2008!

Travis Jones our good freind has been hard at work finshing one of the coolest of the Bass I have seen. This the Bass Travis worked on when he spent time with us at the Old Snow dome in NH! Super work Travis!!!!

My Best!
    Your friend
    Rick Krane

Wicked Bass!
    [​IMG]

2. Jimmy Lawrence

Jimmy Lawrence Well-Known Member

Great work!!! I think largemouths are one of the hardest fish to paint for me personally!! You nailed it! Great work.

3. Chad See

Chad See Certified "Fish Head"

That my friend is a fine bass! Nice job Travis! Bass have personally been tough for me as well. You nailed that one! Great job!!!!!

4. Billw

Billw Member

outstanding job Travis keep up the good work! Bill Willis

5. TD

TD My GGG Grandfather John "Tanner John" King b 1820

Awsom work!!!

6. Re: Anglers Artistry recent Student Work 2006-2008!

Thanks everybody. Well Jimmy looks like your getting ready to head off to round 2 of Fish Boot Camp. Lucky rascal. I know you'll have a good time. I sure did. Keep Rick in check while your there. Don't let him get hurt again. LOL

7. Re: Anglers Artistry recent Student Work 2006-2008!

Travis, Man that bass is smokin !!! Awesome job my friend . You are doing awesome. Randy

8. Re: Anglers Artistry recent Student Work 2006-2008!

Travis, WOW!!!!! Very, Very Nice! That bad boy looks like it wants to swim right off the fence! Great job!

9. Jimmy Lawrence

Hello fellow fishheads. This is my latest project. A Wynia Repro Walleye. THIS IS MY FIRST AND ONLY WALLEYE I HAVE EVER DONE. I just looked over reference, and tryed not to mess up too bad. Overall, I think my customer will be happy. I have four(4) of them to do for the same guy. This is the smaller one of the bunch.

Laterz,
    Jimmy.

10. Chad See

Nice looking walleye Jimmy!! Paint work is very soft and natural. I agree, the customer should be happy!

11. Re: Anglers Artistry recent Student Work 2006-2008!

Looks Great to me Jimmy !!! I`ve never had any walleye to do, but it looks like all the pictures I`ve seen of them . I`m sure your customer will like it .
    I agree with Chad , nice and soft paint job.Looks very natural . Excellent work !

12. J COLE

J COLE New Member

Hey you guys hello from diper land. We just started getting a full night sleep [5hr. stretch] about a week ago. Baby Joshua showed up on Dec. 4/07 healthy and 8lb 13oz. I feel blessed to have our children. At times its hectic and stressfull with the crying and no sleep,but its all worth it as we watch them develop into their own person.My daughter has a passion for fish. We recently took a ride up to L.L. bean they have large trout aquarium's, she went bannanas. she was able to distinguish the brookies from the browns, pretty good for 17 mos.Ive got her learning the cold water fish family first.Wich brings me to my status, the shop is 98% complete.I have casted heads and carved a few forms of some SMAll land locked salmon. Definately a bumpy road as Matt (101) predicted. Somehow a couple of templates got mixed up and I carved one backwards amazingly with Ricks template and the way he taught me to carve everything fell into place and I was able to fit the hide. All head casting I have done has come out good without much rebuild/repair work at all.As far as paint/finish I cant wait .However my focus for now is Technique,Form Carving,Casting,Taxing and smooth Fin unions,epoxie work. The key to life is the blue water!!I have not had anything that has come out wrong yet Thanks to Anglers Artistry.Its amazing how much Rick has mooved me forward in fish taxidermy.Hopefully soon as I get more computer savy I will post some pics of my progress. As all the post of everbodys work is very inspiring and keeps the interest afire.Good Luck and Fish Well. J.Cole

13. Taxidermy101

Taxidermy101 New Member

Hello Jason, Once again congratulations to you and your family on the birth of your son. Happy days when you can finally get that first weeks of sound sleep. Even with 2 out of the 3 grown one never stops worrying. Can't wait to see some of the new work your doing fish wise. State putting in to a tax defired College saving now. It will come faster then you think.
    Mat

14. Rick Krane

Rick Krane Fish Taxidermist/ Judge/ Sculptor/ Instructor

I sure hope all is ell in the world of Fishheads and the Anglers Artistry family! I have to share a great display of fish art with you! Our good friend and fellow Anglers Family member Mr Mike Meszaros of Lloydminster, Saskatchewan, Canada just completed his first fish since his workshop in December! I had to share this with you all! Breathtaking and very clean! Great work Mike!!!!

Your friend!

Rick Krane
    [​IMG]

15. Jimmy Lawrence

Wow, I can't believe how natural that pike looks. The spots just layout so nicely, and everything. Great, great work!! Can't wait Rick, tomarrows the day.........oh yes, there will be fish!!!! Great work. And Hello, to all fishheads out there. Hope you all have been getting some work done!

16. Chad See

Very nice fish Mike! Looking good for sure. I have never done a pike, but when I do, I hope it looks that nice!

Jimmy.... round two... ding ding ding.... I have a feeling, there will be no mercy on this trip. The fishmaster will own you in round two. HAHA!!

Have fun, post pics, and learn lots!

17. Re: Anglers Artistry recent Student Work 2006-2008!

So Jimmy , you`re off to Rick`s summer camp . LOL, Rick won`t see the humor in that . I had it easy since he was sick and dying . I`m sure my next trip there, will be more intense . Have fun , you lucky dog. Say hello to Buddy for me and don`t eat the ice cream . LOL Randy

18. J COLE

J COLE New Member

fantastic piece mike !!! Its real crisp and eye pleasing. Keep up the good work. yo Vinny welcome back to N.H. Did you leave your business cards @ home?

19. coastallabs60

coastallabs60 New Member

VA

Mike this is a fine example of quality taxidermy. I would proudly disply this fish in my home. Well done!
    Roger Haus

20. Jimmy Lawrence

LMAO, everyone seems to have the same outlook as me..... this time around, there will be blood, sweat, and tears!!! I have already been threatened by the boss himself already!!! I should already be halfway there, but freak storm came up, and they shut Kansas City Int. down!!! I will be arriving still, but not until 11pm tonight!!!

I hope to really break and re-heal all of my troubles, and hopefully be on the right track, and put the finishing touches on my career in fish. You all know what Im talking about. Im never quite satisfied, and maybe with this trip I will be. Rick always keeps his end up, its just absorbing all the knowledge learned that will be troublesome.

J Cole, lol, I completely forgot about the card!! Rick got a great laugh out of it. I did leave my cards behind this time!!!

I will hopefully post lots of pics. Take care, and talk to everyone soon, from the great state of NH!!