1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Anglers Artistry Recent Student Work 2006-2019!!!

Discussion in 'Training' started by Rick Krane, Sep 2, 2006.

1. Jimmy Lawrence

Jimmy Lawrence Well-Known Member

Re: Anglers Artistry recent Student Work 2006-2010!

Thanks Mr. Jones, but I don't know about all that!! LOL

I always personally got a bit frustrated when Rick would show me things ,because of the fact that he makes it all look that easy . and im sweating blood, shaking, and struggling, and hoping for dear god's sake i dont hear the word

F L O W

HAHAHAHHAHAHAAA

2. bnoody

bnoody Member

;D

Jimmy, I couldn't help but get a huge smile as I read your comment about flow.

I spent a week with Rick in late July and that concept was thoroughly driven into my head. My fish forms have not looked the same since, thank god!

3. Re: Anglers Artistry recent Student Work 2006-2010!

Wow! FANTASTIC work!!! Only thing I see missing are women taxidermists' work...

4. Bill Dishman

Bill Dishman Well-Known Member

Good job all of you aspiring fish heads! Ill bet everyone had a great time!

5. Rick Krane

Rick Krane Fish Taxidermist/ Judge/ Sculptor/ Instructor

Thanks fishheads!!! It is always a great time at fish boot camp and for some more than others LOL! I think it is so wonderful to look in from time to time and see the progress and the achievements of the folks who have been here before and who have worked so hard at getting to a place of such good work!

Vicki I have seen your work on your web site and I know you have great skill to work with! It will be fun and a great opportunity to learn!

Bill as a fellow teacher I know it is so much fun to watch it all take shape!! Thanks always for stopping by I know I find great inspiration here too!

Rick

6. Jimmy Lawrence

latest from me. Skinny skinny male brown trout from Wyoming.

S-Curve, Still Life Lenses

Jimmy

Attached Files:

7. Re: Anglers Artistry recent Student Work 2006-2010!

way cool brown Jimmy!!! Its been a while since i posted anything up here, here are my two latest Steelhead customer mounts

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

8. Rick Krane

WOW Jimmy and Shawn outstanding work gentleman!! Your efforts are paying off in a large way!!! Love it!!!!

Rick

9. Debbie N

Debbie N New Member

MA.

Jimmy wicked sick Catfish dude! spcantwell the steelheads rock cool another MA guy! Rick that Bass in the workshop is a pig I wish I was there looked like fun
    Stan

10. Jimmy Lawrence

Custom cast black crappie for a customer work in progress....

:)

Jimmy

Attached Files:

11. bnoody

bnoody Member

Nice looking cast Jimmy, may I ask why you decided to leave the dorsal and anal fin attached to the body when you molded it, but removed the tail?

12. Jimmy Lawrence

LOL> Funny thing about tails, they are fragile when frozen , and break easily!!!

I grabbed it out of my freezer, and dropped the damn thing, and couldn't peice it back together. So, I am going to have to catch another one to replace it. :)

Other than that, im very happy with the blank , and fins.

Jimmy

13. Re: Anglers Artistry recent Student Work 2006-2010!

Smooth move Mr. Lawrence!!! ;D Just buy a set from LCR. Hell at the rate you catch fish it may be three years before you catch one to replace that tail fin. LOL ;D ;D ;D

14. bnoody

bnoody Member

LOL, Have to admit I have done it more than once. Usually because I have the fish sitting on the corner of the freezer as I shuffle through looking for something else, then knock it over. They always land tail first it seems. :-[

15. Jimmy Lawrence

Salmo Trutta:

Jimmy

Attached Files:

16. Rick Krane

It is all about family for us here at Anglers Artistry and nothing more makes me happier or more proud then to introduce not only the newest family member but our new Office MAnger Ms. Sherri Gray! Friendly, smart, and funny what more could we ask for! Sherri will be the first person in many cases who you will talk to first when you call she is also the Anglers Artistry DVD Queen! If you have any questions about the NEw DVD's or the workshop or just about any thing related to the business she is the person to talk too!

Here is a Picture of Sherri hard at it in one of her 2 offices here I think she likes this one as there is a fire place juts behind here! Nice touch for cold New Hampshire morning!

[​IMG]

Oh yeah she fishes too!

[​IMG]

I hope all the Anglers Artistry family members have a chance to meet and talk to Sherri!

On behalf of Kathie Amber and I welcome Sherri Gray to the family!

My Very BEst!

Rick Krane

17. Re: Anglers Artistry recent Student Work 2006-2010!

Nice to put a face with the voice on the phone. Keep up the good work Sherri. I feel for as you have one hell of a drill sergeant... oops I meant boss. ;D

18. Re: Anglers Artistry recent Student Work 2006-2010!

She's lookin "WICKED GOOD"

Gene and Darlene

19. sherri gray

sherri gray Office Manager

Thank You all for your very nice comments.
    Keep them coming! LOL! Kidding!

Sherri

20. Re: Anglers Artistry recent Student Work 2006-2010!

And a sense of humor too. You will need that to work with Rick. ;D ;D ;D