1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Anglers Artistry Recent Student Work 2006-2021!!!

Discussion in 'Training' started by Rick Krane, Sep 2, 2006.

1. Rick Krane

Rick Krane Fish Taxidermist/ Judge/ Sculptor/ Instructor

Re: ANGLERS ARTISTRY RECENT STUDENT WORK 2006-2012!

Jeff!!!! Man I wish my 30th fish looked that good! Keep up the effort and do more fish work and you work though to the next level of your own great ability! Great work Jeff!!!

I cannot help but be very excited about December rolling in! The holidays are in the air and time for the push to get mounts out the door (we all can relate to that now can't we!) All that aside, for the past few years I have shared one of the Anglers Artistry educational painting DVD's from Christmas Eve through out Christmas Day! Once again I will share an educational opportunity for FREE to help those who don't have the opportunity to see how fun painting a fish can be with hope to share one or two things that makes the painting process fun and enjoyable!

This year I want to try something new! I need your help to do this, I want you to choose which DVD you want to see for the free DVD! You can look over the 20 painting DVDs or even the incredible trophy room exploration DVD to choose from for the FREE viewing! Write it here or send me an email at [email protected] and tell me what you want me to show beginning on Christmas Eve! I love to teach and to help others reach their goals and possibly dreams to find more pleasure in being a Taxidermist or a Fish Carver! FREE VEIWING YOU DECIDED WHAT WILL BE PLAYED!

One more note of interest! December 31st I will draw the winner of the all-inclusive workshop with yours truly and the gang here at Anglers Artistry! One person will be drawn for the list of Anglers Artistry family members who are registered on the www.anglersartistry.com/zencart store site. If your are all ready entered I wish you the best of luck and if you are not you still have time to join and it is free! Kathie and I have been blessed to be able fly some one here for a week of fish study and fun! You’ll stay here, eat here, learn here and get to see a little bit of New England while you’re here and oh yeah learn to do some cool fish stuff too!

Well let the voting begin! Check out the DVD titles on the web site www.anglersartistry.com/zencart and post it here or email us at [email protected] what Anglers Artistry DVD you would like to see for free!

Be safe in this upcoming month as it can be a stressful time of the year!

Your friend

Rick Krane

2. Jillian@AnglersArtistry

[email protected] Working hard to make the world a fishy Place!

This week we will begin posting photos in our Anglers Artistry Family Member’s Photo Album, http://www.anglersartistry.com/store/index.php?main_page=page&id=9 . Be sure to send in your photos to [email protected] to have them displayed with your name and email on our website!

In January we will start our weekly contest where five fishheads of the week will be chosen to vie for fun prizes such as DVDs, reference sets, and much more!!! Until then, for the month of December, you can submit your photos just for fun and to show off your talents to the world! Jillian :)

3. Jillian@AnglersArtistry

For the students of Ricks can you put that you ar a student I don't yet know everyone who has been here so I want to make sure that it is added in with your photo info for our records. Plus I get to know who you are! :)

Name, address, email address, if you are interested in the contest, and if you are looking for fish customers.

That is all I need for the photos.

4. Jillian@AnglersArtistry

Good Morning fishhead people! I'm excite to share with you the winner's of the 3rd annual Anglers Artistry Free Christmas DVD showing so with out further waiting here is your winner of the fish DVD votes.
    It was very close and I think some people really like to vote and it pays off if you do. the winner is...

The ALASKAN RAINBOW TROUT REPRODUCTION 227
    Steelhead 222
    Northern Pike 222
    Large Mouth Bass Reproduction 196

SO what does this mean for you? What it means is that you get to view 2 of Rick's DVD as a gift to you for all of you to enjoy for free. Kathie and Rick give so much each day to so many folks I think they big hearts and lots of energy.
    and Im happy to share this with you for Christmas! Beginning Midnight Christmas Eve and going for 24 hours, visit the www.anglersartistry.com/store and look to the category row on the left hand side of the home page and you'll see the christmas viewing for free DVD button. All you have to do is click that button and you'll find the 2 free viewing DVDs. Choose the Alaskan Rainbow Trout Reproduction first and then try the Trophy Room Exploration and Design DVD viewing or the other way around as a gift from Kathie and Rick, Amber and me for you. Once you click that free DVD viewing follow the directions and it will show you where to go to see the DVD's. Merry Christmas and enjoy the day and the DVD's

Jillian :)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

5. Rick Krane

Merry Christmas Anglers Artistry family members! I wish each and every one of you and your family the best of times this year at the holidays! Please be safe and enjoy the time with your family!

Take time if you can to watch the free DVDs stating tonight at midnight.
    The 3rd annual Christmas special Rick Krane’s Anglers Artistry viewing is upon us and it is time for us to share with you a very special gift of education! This Christmas we are proud to share 2 DVDs with you! First will be the Alaskan Rainbow Trout Reproduction DVD with you! The second will be Trophy Room Design and Exploration DVD with you on behalf of all of here at Anglers Artistry and Mr. Kevin Libby of Trophy Room Services of Reno, Nevada. The DVDs will be available to view tonight, starting at midnight!!!

In order to view the free DVD viewings go to www.anglersartistry.com/store and log into your account in the upper right hand corner. If you are not a member click on register and fill out the registration form, because you will need to be a member to view the DVDs.

You will find in the left hand corner category area, the free Christmas DVD viewing. Click on this, it will take you to the free viewing page. Then just click on the Rick Krane’s Anglers Artistry DVD you would like to view first. Add the free Rick Krane’s Anglers Artistry DVD to your cart and proceed to checkout.

Again this will cost you nothing, as it’s free. At this point you’ll be asked to download a special code document. Once you have downloaded the document, open it in your computer where you open your downloads. At the bottom of the document you will be given the link to view your free Rick Krane’s Anglers Artistry DVD! Copy and paste the link to your address bar and press go and you will be brought to your free DVD page!

Watch this as many time as you like and take notes as I hope there is a technique or two in there for you to benefit from! On behalf of all of here at Anglers Artistry
    Merry Christmas and celebrate the birth of our Savior Jesus Christ!

Merry Christmas

On behalf of Rick Krane and all of us at Anglers Artistry

6. Rick Krane

Happy NewYears Anglers Artistry family! May your 2013 bring you many new fish to work on and lots more inspiration to do better fish work! You are all held near and dear to Kathie and I weather you took your first workshop with me in Litchfield, NH in 1991 or just looking forward to being one of 3 folks visiting us here in Hinsdale NH in January 2013 to kick off the new year! Be safe and keep healthy!

We do have one more BIg announcement for 2013!!! After great anticipation we do indeed have a winner! Please check out the Winner of the 1St Annual 2012 Anglers Artistry all-inclusive workshop give away! This page will be up for awhile so you can see that you too can win regardless of where you are from in the world! It is very cool that fish artist/fish carvers and taxidermists alike from so many countries around the world and all of the states in the good old USA were represented! I don’t know of any other time some thing like this has been offered as a price in our industry but what a great way to start the new year off by sharing in the fun and excitement of opportunity!

Folks had a better shot at winning then playing the lottery and I’m glad in many ways that just as the contest was designed to offer anyone, any where in the world the opportunity to win, it in fact was some one from very far from Old New Hampshire that won the first annual Anglers Artistry workshop give away!

We here will keep this page up announcing the winner on the www.anglersartistry.com/store site just click on the big exclamation box in the right hand corner and you will see who won! Lets congratulate our very own fishhead from Latvia, Sarmite Inberga-Petrovska!

2013 will once again have a workshop give away with a twist for a second opportunity and a bigger and much more fun contest! Through out the year I’ll will have special events and prizes and the details for the 2013 workshop will be announce in January so stay tuned and you can have the same opportunity that Sarmite Inberga-Petrovska of Latvia had in 2012!

I’m so happy to be able to share this opportunity with you all and Blessing for 2013 and Happy New Year!

My very Best!

Rick Krane
    Anglers Artistry
    312 Chesterfield Road
    Hinsdale New Hampshire 03451
    603-33-67296
    [email protected]
    www.anglersartistry.com/store

7. Bill Dishman

Bill Dishman Well-Known Member

I'll bet Sarmite is pumped up right now. How cool to be the winner of the 2012 Anglers Artistry all-inclusive workshop!!
    Rick, your continued success is well deserved. Over the years i have watched Anglers Artistry evolve into what we see today, which is the place to go for anything "fish!"
    Now, how awesome it is for Anglers Artistry to give back in such a generous manner. An inspiration indeed.
    Well done my friend.

8. Rick Krane

Thanks Bill! It is incredible that when we drew the name we all said WOW! It was very exciting to be able to do such a give away and I'm proud to be called a instructor! To teach is one awesome opportunity to share what we do as you know! We here can't wait until her workshop it will be an event with lots of photos!

If you get chance we added a Necessities and Goods page to the site! http://www.anglersartistry.com/store/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=20

My Best!

Rick Krane

9. Rick Krane

Happy New Year and great health to one and all! I just want to share a few points of interest. First there is the winner of the first annual all-inclusive Anglers Artistry workshop give-away! Ms. Sarmite Inberga-Petrovska from Sigulda Riga District Latvia! How’s that for a first time give away! I want to be able to share with you, when I can, the opportunity to be a part of the joy and fulfillment that I have worked so very hard to create for my life and the life I share with others as a instructor of Fish taxidermy and Fish carving!

OK more very exciting news to share!!!!

“First”
    Annual Anglers Artistry all-inclusive Workshop give-away!
    Yes there will be a 2nd Annual Anglers Artistry All inclusive Workshop give-away! I’m working with Kathie to iron out the details this contest will be different and will be extremely fun for folks to partake in! I will be sending out an email at the end of this month with all the details!

“Second”
    New Products!
    I work very hard at getting the best and the coolest products we use here at Anglers Artistry to you at a fair and reasonable cost. I’m so excited to begin 2013 with some new additions to the family! Just about all of the new product pages come with instruction clips for your added learning value! Enjoy!

Fish Taxidermy Foam
    In 2013 I want to teach you how to carve your very own fish bodies! Over the past 2 years I’ve been talking to the top 5 foam manufactures in N. America to work at creating the best foam I can teach fish carving with, the highest quality there is. In this decision for me and for family members of Anglers Artistry I want a density foam that is made for the kind of fish carving we do not billet foam, or a floral arrangement foam, but for the best fish foam for carving.

Quality
    This foam had to be nearly dust less, strong and dense enough to not dent but easy enough to carve with durability, and lastly a neutral foam color so when the skin dries the foam color doesn’t over influence the out come of the dried skin.

Our Cost Saving Commitments!
    I looked at the cost from 2 perspectives the per-cubic inch cost and the shipping. I found that the industry standard is very expensive for the value you get for your foam. So here is what I have created for you! Our foam block is larger at 48”/ 24” 6” giving you more foam where it counts! Our shipping costs are reasonable starting at $30.00 to under $50.00 for the Continental USA depending on your zone. Offered in 1 or 2 blocks units you can have the same foam we use here to custom carve our own fish bodies. Compare with anyone else’s overall costs for the units, size and shipping and you’ll see the value and quality for yourself! This will be good to go along with the new 2013 Complete Fish DVD series on the complete process of how we create fish at Anglers Artistry!
    http://www.anglersartistry.com/store/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=20_24

Fish Carvers Foam
    I’ve had to carve a few really big fish and I have found that carving fish out of foam is not only challenging but a Blast!!! I want to be able to offer to my friends and fellow fish carvers their own formulated foam! This foam I had custom processed for the fish carvers to practice with and create urethane fish sculptures! You’ll love this foam if you’re a fish carver!
    http://www.anglersartistry.com/store/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=20_24&products_id=114

EYES!
    How about eyes! Here’s the deal on the eyes; our good friend Jeff Lumsden and I have come to the great place where we can offer Still Life Eyes to you at a value! I have priced the Still Life Eyes so that they are completely competitive with any of the supply companies, but where the real value comes in is in the shipping! The eyes are offered in 3 packs or 5 packs and regardless how you order them the shipping is based at $3.65 through out the continental USA and not 9 or 10 dollars for 1 pair of eyes. I want you to have value and not feel the squeeze of shipping especially today!
    Still Life Eyes are offered in 10MM, 12MM,14MM,16M and 18MM. Each page has a fun and educational clip on painting a different species just for your learning value so check out each page!
    http://www.anglersartistry.com/store/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=20_23

Custom Painted Eyes by Rick Krane!
    I’m very exited to offer custom painted eyes for your special fish work! If the need arises I will paint your custom eyes! Anything from Puffer fish to Flounder, Clown fish to Great White Sharks you tell me the size and the species and they are on the way to your shop!!
    http://www.anglersartistry.com/store/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=20_23&products_id=107

Last but not least EPO-GRIP!
    I use the line of Epo-Grip products both teaching and for the day-to-day fish work I do here. This product line works consistently with my projects and now with yours! I have created a value box, which contains all the products I use here teaching all at a great value! Watch the demonstration clips I have shared with you for your value of education!
    http://www.anglersartistry.com/store/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=20_25

This year will be an exciting one as I will be adding new products soon and a section of Featured Artists and their special offering just for you! Stay tuned for the details on the new Free All Inclusive Workshop give away for 2013!

I wish you my very best!

Rick Krane

10. Re: ANGLERS ARTISTRY RECENT STUDENT WORK 2006-2012!

Thanks Rick for all you do! I really look forward to what you have to offer in 2013. I will for sure be placing a order for some foam.
    I haven't posted in awhile, but always come to this post to see what fish work the AA family has been doing. From new students and students from the past. Being one of Ricks students from the past I thought I would share some recent customer work.
    The first two are restorations of a couple King Salmon.

Before:
    [​IMG]

After:
    [​IMG]

Before
    [​IMG]

Yummy! The customer could not figure out why he had grease/oil dripping down his wall.
    [​IMG]

After:
    [​IMG]

A LCR Quillback Rockfish:

[​IMG]

A LCR Coho Salmon:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

A couple of Halibut tails, witch have been real popular this past year.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Any one who has thought about taking one of Ricks classes, or sitting in on one of his many seminars, or watching his DVD's, "DO IT!!" I personally can not wait until I can take another class from Rick!

11. Jimmy Lawrence

Jimmy Lawrence Well-Known Member

HOLY SMOKES TRAVIS.

Your work is AMAZING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Here are a few pics of the fishies I've been tinkering with.

37'' JG Replicas King . Fall fish .

Attached Files:

12. Jimmy Lawrence

25.5'' Arp Reproduction

McKenzie Pre Finished Wall Habitat. Really nice!

Attached Files:

13. Re: ANGLERS ARTISTRY RECENT STUDENT WORK 2006-2012!

Travis those reworked Kings are something else!!! Simply outstanding!

14. Jimmy Lawrence

17.5'' Rainbow Repro

Attached Files:

15. Re: ANGLERS ARTISTRY RECENT STUDENT WORK 2006-2012!

Thanks Jimmy and Todd for the complements! Jimmy, sweet fish work! I love the colors in that King!

16. Jillian@AnglersArtistry

Hello Anglers Artistry Alumni!!! 8)

Rick and Kathie are very pleased to now be able to offer to you the legendary replicas of Dave Campbell and the industries Standard reproductions of Lake Country Replica! No other place can you buy these using a discount code you may have and if you do not have one and are a Student of Anglers Artistry please call us to get yours! Each month Rick will send out a discount code to the family of Anglers Artistry members only!

http://www.anglersartistry.com/store/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=20_30

This year we will have new DVDs added to the Masters Educations series from some very impressive artists from around the world!

Anglers Artistry Fish Carving Foam for the custom body carvers and for wood carvers of fish alike!

Check out the Still Life Eyes and custom eye painting service we are sending out each day!

Epogrip Value Packs and more!!!

These upcoming months we are adding the featured artist line of goods under the collectables are of the site!

The Golden Ticket Contest! http://www.anglersartistry.com/store/index.php?main_page=page&id=11&zenid=36a55b1be1596c2d95cfa339f27c70d7

Have some fun and win a Silent Aire compressor The Cool Fish Photo Contest! http://www.anglersartistry.com/store/index.php?main_page=page&id=14&chapter=1

Jillian

17. Rick Krane

Hey Gang! Just wanted to check in if there are any questions please give us a call! The Photo contest is in full blow fun and we all ready have a front runner! You have until Feb 15 to get new photos in and get ready for the second round of the month! Prize and fun to be had for all!

My Best!

Rick

18. Jillian@AnglersArtistry

Happy anniversary Rick Krane and to all the Anglers Artistry Family members! ;D The www.anglersartistry.com/store has been on line for one year today! Yeah! Lot of cool stuff going on... did you get your email yet? 8)

19. B Jones

B Jones Memeber of - NTA,UTA,AIT.Proud Member of NZTA.

I spent time with Rick several years back and have not regretted my decision to study with him. It has helped me look at all aspects of fish taxidermy not just painting a fish, thanks Rick.

Attached Files:

20. Doug Motgomery

Doug Motgomery Active Member

Wow Brad that is NICE!!!!!!!!!