1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Ravens

Discussion in 'Bird Taxidermy' started by DL, Oct 16, 2013.

1. DL

DL Well-Known Member

There are a pair of them that hang out about a half mile up the hill. I mostly hear them and rarely see them very close. I had a wheel barrow in the garage overnight with the guts from a deer. I haven't wheeled them 30 yds from my house and here's the
    Ravens right over the top of me. Is it there eyesight or sense of smell?

2. buckrub10

buckrub10 Active Member

Both , a very smart bird

3. oskare

oskare Iceland

both eyesight and smell is amazing they are very smart

4. ShamanCoyote

ShamanCoyote New Member

They've been known to follow wolves before a kill even happens, so for anything they've been watching you and waiting :eek:

5. DL

DL Well-Known Member

Sounds like big brother. I hope the government never programs ravens to watch us.

6. ShamanCoyote

ShamanCoyote New Member

on that note: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-2335600/Robotic-bird-used-future-war-agent-Robo-Ravens-extreme-aerobatics-fool-real-birds-prey.html

however, they do have drones, you don't have to feed the drones. be afraid :eek:

7. Pye

Pye Too orangy for crows

Ravens have very poor sense of smell as Bernd Heinrich found out in an experiment he wrote about in his book The Mind of the Raven. Other studies also back this up. It's likely they have been spying on you even when you're not aware of it, as ShamanCoyote suggested. =)