1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Grooming Whitetail....

Discussion in 'Deer and Gameheads' started by Willow Grove Taxidermy, Oct 16, 2013.

1. I'm going to be mounting a grooming whitetail, but I've never mounted one like this. I can't seem to be able find much reference for this pose regarding the mouth and eye positioning. Does any one here have any advice or even some good reference photos they would be willing to share?

2. Kydeerhunter03

Kydeerhunter03 New Member

I find alot of reference on Flickr.com and smugmug.com, just play around with words in the search bar and browse....theres a ton of good pics out there :)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

3. Wow, what a big help, thanks a bunch Jenna! Flickr.com is great, I don't know why I didn't think of looking in places like that, and I've never heard of smugmug.com but it's really great too! :)

4. Matt

Matt Active Member

Love that first one Jenna!

5. Start collecting whitetail reference, books, calendars and magazines. I staple the better ones to the floor joists in my basement workshop. When I need to check out some reference all I do is glance at the pics already there.....John

6. srholmes30

srholmes30 Living each and every day

Here's another angle
    [​IMG]

7. I do have a mountain of various types of reference, but stapling it to the ceiling is an idea I had never thought of and I might just try this. Thank you John!

Thank you srholmes30, this is also a very helpful angle.