1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Awesome slingshot or what ???

Discussion in 'Bird Taxidermy' started by falco, Oct 19, 2013.

1. falco

falco Trapping is fun

Im impressed how safe it is.
    Good job mate.

http://www.liveleak.com/ll_embed?f=24113d89dfd8

2. Thanks for posting that Falco. Am I becoming a cynical old fart or is that a genuine incident. It was a clever piece of filming if it was staged, and a rather painful reminder of how lethal these things are if it's real. The jury is still out on this one.

3. buckmasters243

buckmasters243 Active Member

ouch.

4. the T shirt is awesome ... :D

5. rodlrock

rodlrock Mold Maker HQ Taxidermy Supply.

Dang that hurt

6. I had to look it up. It looked very real, but it is indeed a fake, and I was a sucker for it.

7. falco

falco Trapping is fun

I am not sure... if you search, that guy has made a ton of different slingshots, and has filmed every single one of them in action.
    and since I have played with slingshot alot and have had similar accidents (close ones),, so I tend to believe what I saw.
    If you chase the videos he has posted on youtube and follow the dates on them, it sure can lead to its reality ... becuase that would leave a mark for the rest of your life on your forehead, and if the guy has posted more videos after that video with NO MARKS on his forehead, then for sure its been a fake video.

8. I almost threw up...it is real.

9. Nancy C

Nancy C Well-Known Member

Not what I was expecting but, real or not, I believe it could certainly be possible.
    I like wrist rocket slingshots a lot ('still have one) but they have a dangerous weakness, which is the attachment of the band to the yoke. It just slides on. A friend of mine was shooting one and the band slipped off of the yoke when he had it all the way back. It whipped back so fast that it took the upper tip of his ear off. Only a small sliver, less than 1/4" , but if it had hit him in the eye it would have been lights-out, permanently.
    Not to mention the pain! A cut with a dull knife always hurts worse, so just imagine an incision made with surgical tubing! Holy freakin' OUCH!