1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

NCTA & UTA making it happen !!

Discussion in 'The Taxidermy Industry' started by UNITED TAXIDERMIST ASSOCI, Oct 21, 2013.

1. On the off year of the UTA Expo the UTA holds their annual members meeting in conjunction with a state association convention. The UTA provides hospitality services on "Meet & Great" night and seminars or judges at no cost to help the host association with their convention.

This year the UTA members meeting was held at the North Carolina Taxidermist Associations annual convention in August. As do most associations NCTA had their fund raising live auction on Friday night of the convention. NCTA had an offshore fishing trip donated to the auction and it was bought by Mr. Craig Lewis, former UTA Chairman. Craig also bought a very nice rod and reel during the auction.

Craig then donated the fishing trip and gear back to NCTA to award to the highest scoring Youth Division mount in the NCTA competition.

Here are photos of Miss Abby Shipman and her father Mike on their first offshore fishing excursion. The hard work and love of taxidermy of Abby and the generosity of Craig Lewis culminated into a great day for all. Congratulations Abby and thank you Craig !! A very special "Thank You" to everyone at NCTA for making the UTA feel very welcome at your convention !!

"We Stand Together"

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. v.fleming

v.fleming New Member

Now that is what I'm talking about. Congrats to Abby on her fishing trip and a big thanks to Craig for the kindness he showed us all. Thanks again to the UTA for the support you showed at the NCTA show this past August. And thanks to Alex Pipes for donating the trip to the NCTA.

3. Steve W

Steve W Member

ohio
    Thumb's up to everyone involved. The UTA sounds like the organization i want to be a member of.

4. michael p.

michael p. Getting better with age :)

What a positive influence for this industry & a show to children that hard work pays off.

Congrats to all involved!

5. gtout

gtout Member

The NCTA were great hosts! We enjoyed the visit.
    Congrats Abby and Daddy! :)

6. Jon S

Jon S Well-Known Member

Nice, must have been quite a thrill for that young lady!

7. wings II

wings II New Member

Wow...now that IS getting it done. :) Great Job Craig and the UTA. Class Acts right there!

8. jtcjr

jtcjr Member

NC
    Luckily I was the mate on the boat for this trip. What was not said is Abby caught this fish on light tackle. The reel was a Avet 5.3 about the size of baitcster bass fishermen use. Abby worked this fish like she had caught bunches of kings. Even though her fish was bigger i believe she had her fish boat sides right much faster then her dad.

9. jtcjr

jtcjr Member

NC
    Abby's first trip took her around 29 miles offshore. Started out calm but by noon sea had kicked up right much luckily the sea laid out before run back in.

10. Michael Shipman

Michael Shipman Killen Merriams in SD

Yes Thanks to all involved it was a great trip and we had a blast.

11. It is moments like this that the UTA is all about. UTA strongly believes in promoting Education within the trade and helping the grass roots of the trade... the State Associations.

12. clewis

clewis New Member

I have the opportunity to attend a number of State conventions each year. As I look across the tables at the banquet I always look for the young people, either there with their family or adventuring on their own participating in the comradeship and fun of convention activities. Without these young people the art form we love and enjoy will die away. It is the young coming after us that will ensure the art of taxidermy remains vibrant and alive. Encouraging them and helping them is critically important. I encourage everyone to invite a young person to your studio, let them see the exciting and extraordinary art form Taxidermy really is. They will be our legacy – they are the next generation, they are the individuals that will keep what we do as part of the hunting and art heritage we as Americans enjoy.

I have always encouraged my colleagues and friends to do a random act of kindness. It make a tremendous difference in your life and the life of the individual you help. Involving a young person in the art of Taxidermy may be that random act of kindness – Try it, it works