1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Wolf remount

Discussion in 'Lifesize Mammals' started by Rick Carter, Oct 21, 2013.

1. Rick Carter

Rick Carter Administrator

I got this wolf to remount a while back. I have no idea who originally mounted it but it came from Canada. The client has had the mount for a few years and wanted it remounted. It had been tanned so I was able to get the skin re hydrated and take it apart. The Bondo was taken out of the ears and the cartilage was removed. I used the Jan VanHoesen earliners. A new form was purchased from McKenzie. I took apart all of the seams and resewed them from the inside before it was remounted. I then made a dorsal incision from the shoulders to the hips.The old rock base was altered and spruced up by Nickie and myself.

The old mount. It had a LOT of clay overfilling the nose.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

The old form was actually too small for the skin. A lot of the hair patterns were over tucked.
    [​IMG]

Freshly finished face on the remount
    [​IMG]

The new mount is much higher at the head.
    [​IMG]

2. LordRusty

LordRusty If I agreed with you, we'd both be wrong.

Ohio
    Nice job, Ricky and Nickie! I wonder how many other Taxidermist this guy brought his story to, and how many others he promised to bring the Wolf to before finally making up his mind? Yep ... I got the same pictures from him! LOL!

3. Night and day difference, it now looks like a healthy specimen! Great Job!

4. Great job, Rick. I love the eyes!

5. RichMO

RichMO Well-Known Member

I just got back in town after donating to the economy of Branson, MO. and the wolf job turned out great. I feel sorry for the person that accepted it the first time around. Great Job.