1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

What's this sheep skull worth?

Discussion in 'Deer and Gameheads' started by Terrys Artistic Taxidermy, Oct 24, 2013.

1. Terrys Artistic Taxidermy

Terrys Artistic Taxidermy Fishing in Chernoble

This is a found skull, here in Hawaii. I think it is a corsican ram. It has a total spread of 25" and both horns are over 33 1/2" . The left one's circumference is 11 1/8" and the right one's is 10 3/4". Thanks for your opinions.
    Terry

Attached Files:

2. Terrys Artistic Taxidermy

Terrys Artistic Taxidermy Fishing in Chernoble

Another view.

Attached Files:

3. Worth about $9, would you take 8 for it..

4. kurtro08

kurtro08 New Member

I found one here in south Mississippi on our hunting lease. That is similar to this set except more twist. I'm glad you posted it. I am curious myself as to the value of the skull.

Posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire

5. Unfortunately being a domestic breed there simply isn't much value to them. Ranches around here would charge $500 to shot one that size or you can find them all over CL or eBay in the hundred dollar range. A cool find though, I'm never that lucky. Mark

6. What's this sheep skull worth?

Looks more like a Merino Ram, I see them on EBay and here on Taxi.net go from $40 to $80

7. kurtro08

kurtro08 New Member

Well while y'all are at it can you tell me what I have?

Attached Files:

8. kurtro08

kurtro08 New Member

Both side are hollowed out on the ends but they still measure 36 1/4 on both sides and about 27 tip to tip

Attached Files:

9. kurtro08

kurtro08 New Member

Sorry, didn't mean to high jack your thread

Attached Files:

10. Kurt those most likely are Merino or Rambouliet (sp). Usually white in color and very wooly. They typically will develop quickly into double curls. A nice set for sure, but same applies as far as value. They may go for a bit more based on the size. A great find though for sure. Mark

11. What's this sheep skull worth?

X2

12. kurtro08

kurtro08 New Member

I'm think I would e not interested in getting a cape that's why I was trying to figure out species. Thank you for you expertise. I honestly can't tell difference in shape of horns for goat/sheep species

13. kurtro08

kurtro08 New Member

I think that I would be more interested in getting a cape and making a comp piece than selling horns unless price was right. They are by far largest I've seen

14. kurtro08

kurtro08 New Member

Ewwwwww never mind those things are UGLY!! I think it will continue to be a skull mount as long as I have it. I will say after looking up pictures the horns look different than those ram to me. Also they grow together in middle which is odd

15. Fogvalley

Fogvalley New Member

Look up American Jacob sheep. Lol I was lookin up these others and was shocked

16. Paul B

Paul B Active Member

The one you have Kurt-o would deffinatly have some neck rubs and face hair mess with the tight inward curl to the neck and face. Also would have been a pain to cape out, mounted a few of those, real mess when they come in but clean up nice and white if you use the right tannery.