1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Michael P.

Discussion in 'Deer and Gameheads' started by jasonscustom taxidermy, Nov 4, 2013.

1. Man you are one damn good friend, and great spokesman for taxidermists.Had some dipshits comment on my post on another internet site jelous of the kid thats getting work they arent or just being azzhats. I took pictures of a big bodied deer for my friends to see. Mind you i have hundreds of customers on it. Well i put the tape around the outside of the bucks neck at the atlas just to show the overall size of it and some dipshits started makeing comments like that is not the right way to measure it. Ya no chit. I know how to measure a deer cape for a form azzhats been doin it since I was 12 YEARS OLD!!!!! Anyway thanks Michael.

2. George

George The older I get, the better I was.

Hmmm. You mean I've been doing it wrong for 55 years?????

3. Paul B

Paul B Active Member

What are these azzhats and dipsticks in Okiehoma

4. Oh George you are as arrogant as any taxidermist I have ever meet, but with great knowledge comes great difficulty to deal with. You have spilled knowledge unto us when all we asked for was a drop because you have alot of wisdom. I know how and do deal with you. Its easy a thank you at the end of your lectures is all that is needed.
    The azzhats and dipsticks im referring to are not from Oklahoma but other states. George you are one of only a few reasons why I am still a member to this site. Straight forward truth is all you speak.

5. George

Damn. I mus ain't smart enough to know if I been complimented or insulted.

6. ;) BOTH and deal with it!!!!!

7. michael p.

michael p. Getting better with age :)

He loves you George.
    What happened was just wrong. I am a meat measurer, some measure outside........regardless, Jason posted a short haired deer 26" tight right below the ears and some taxidermist comes on questioning him on why he would measure over the hair when it had plenty of meat underneath it & how he would lose 2-3 inches.....basically telling him & his customers on his facebook that he was doing it wrong.........but the pic wasn't even geared towards our professional job, it was showing his clients how big a deer he is getting in.

Sad fact, the guy still does not get it & thinks i'm potty mouth. [expletive deleted] that, i'm not [expletive deleted]ing potty mouthed! ;)

8. Hey George anytime you want to swap taxidermy knowledge for how to pickup crazy women and run from them let me know all we need is about 12 coffee pots going at the same time. Michael thanks again!!!!

9. George

Too old for chasing crazy women, Jason and I'm not much into "swapping" taxidermy knowledge. If I can learn something, I change my ways and if I can't, I just stick with what works. We've fought the battle you had dozens of times here and it's not where you measure as much as it it how you measure. I've always measured over the skin, but very snugly and never had an issue. I tend to be attracted to "experts" just so I can bust their bubbles every chance I get. I've never been anything but a hack and never made any bones about it.

10. Rick Carter

Rick Carter Administrator

As long as you're within a couple of inches, I have never found the measurements to be all that critical. Don't try to put 10 lbs. of manure in a 5 pound bag. A 7 X 19 form will mount half the deer in America.

11. George

Thanks Rick. Now I feel validated. LOL

12. Rick Carter

Rick Carter Administrator

My "bubble" is so perforated it won't even hold cold air.

13. I going to make this crystal clear ido not measure outside of the hair I measure after tanned I turn the cape inside out and measure the skin. Now in this particular case I wrapped a tape around the OUTSIDE of the cape and took a pic of it and shared it with my friends. Then same azzhats taxidermists want to jump on their and comment thats not how you measure . Well no chit im not measuring for a form. Just showing the overall measurments to my friends.

14. livbucks

livbucks Well-Known Member

I am not sure if I am agreeing with George but I will risk it.

15. George

Jason, we understand. This is just the normal here as you know. But many times there are those who are not as familiar with the process as you are and they will take some "expert's" advice as the gospel. I get "lurkers" pming me all the time confused about what one said versus another. I've already gotten one that asked me what was "proper". I explained the tanned hide is the only "given" here and "over the skin" or "over the meat" depends strictly on the methods the person uses. Don't go getting cardiac on us.

16. HAPP

HAPP Active Member

Rick, It seems to me I once read an article, by you, on this.

17. Fogvalley

Fogvalley New Member

Measurement smameasermeant.... Order a form say for example 7/19/21 and measure the form and I will bet not abc are never 7/19/21 one might by 6.5 another might 7.375 same on the necks. anyways close is what we get and we make it work. Inside or outside isn't going to change it that much IMO not with forms coming in 5% or whatever tolerance. I wouldn't worry about some jack hole. But having him on Facebook that sucks but one thing is just ignore him and not flame the flamer

18. Wheatfields

Wheatfields The woods are my home

It's easy ! Shut your F Book down ! Sure having a site to post a bragging pic or a crazy pic on is nice but I it really worth getting fired up over it like that . I closed mine like 3 years ago . What a waist of life . You have friends I'm sure the whole damn nation don't need to see it . Post the same pic here and 90 percent will comment " hey that suckers swelled up!" Just my take ..its easy to say well that sob on a quick reply to a post . That F Books for permiscuose women single male weirdos an teens who haven't got the big pic yet . You can get your name out easy (advertisement )and don't need it .. And Roofs opinions are always good advice . Well back to work hope everyone's rut is going great !

19. We be alls good homie

20. wjwhited

wjwhited New Member

Too many idiots on your Facebook Jason! I enjoy your posts and appreciate your humor, your taxidermy pics and all the crazy ladies you seem to come across. Keep sharing with those of us who enjoy your page and all the rest can just go away!