1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Texas Deer Season

Discussion in 'The Taxidermy Industry' started by gab, Nov 6, 2013.

1. Bobbym1232

Bobbym1232 New Member

Deer just aren't hitting feeders, or food plots for that matter! WAY too many acorns still left on trees. The freeze/frost last week may help knock out some vegetation, but until those acorns stop falling i don't expect much change. I have taken in less than 10 shoulder mounts so far. I'm part time, but still have the only "big" shop in town. Antler growth was amazing again this year around here, but nobody is seeing any movement. Come on cold weather.

As for Colorado hunting, I know several people that went the 3rd season but didn't see much worth shooting. Wasn't cold enough to get them down the mountains yet.

2. I've seen plenty of deer this season. I've already killed my 2 buck limit "1 spike and one with an inside spread of atleast 13 inches" and am patiently waiting for thanksgiving weekend. Got my 13 incher last Sunday with the temp at 78. Yeah I know hes not huge but its a decent deer for Northeast Texas.

[​IMG]

3. we had the best opening week we've had since 2007. It did slow down during the second week some but then got slammed this past Sunday. It has been eerily quiet ever since though. That's ok. I'm still catching up with some mounts and got enough work already to last me through June. Things will pick up again I am sure. Just wait till after Thanksgiving. We ought to be rocking. Cold front, no moon and people are out in the woods for several days on end. Our deer are not hitting the feeder either so I am very surprised we are up in our mounts that early.