1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Keeping you friends and taxidermy

Discussion in 'Beginners' started by jhunter13, Nov 8, 2013.

1. I pay a finders fee to people that bring me new customers. I pay them $20.00 in a gift certificate or $10.00 cash. One person brings me 2 or more new customers a deer season. He brings me capes every year and some nice furs.

He has turned in to a friend and is still a customer. I sat him down one day and told him that I will allways pay you for the stuff you do for me and you will allways pay me for your stuff, that way money will not come between us and are friendship. Works out well.

I will never lend money to a friend or family member, I will GIVE it to them, but not lend it.

2. Dawg3458

Dawg3458 New Member

I have a three good friends & there kids get $100.- discount. In return they are always there if I need to borrow a backhoe,bobcat,trencher,etc.etc.... My Dad & daughter get freebies. I have one customer that gets $50.- discount. He brings me a deer every year. Plus about 5 new customers on average a year. He always pays total upfront & goes to the front of the line.

3. Kydeerhunter03

Kydeerhunter03 New Member

No work begins until deposit is received, friends can have a discount if they want to trade something of equal value, family dont hunt so I lucked out on that one ;) but thats about it

4. boarhunter67

boarhunter67 Well-Known Member

I would say that's unlucky because I love trading 10% off for harvesting a nice pig or other animal, and it fills the freezer, but that's just me. I agree with the statement about trading something for nothing. In the past when someone used to try to get me to do something for free I'd ask them for something free, like plumbing, free stuff from where they worked, etc. and they got the message. I don't do that anymore because it's antagonistic and bad business. Now I just tell them I do give discounts for people who take me hunting if I harvest an animal. That rarely happens. They do know that I'm not denying them a discount; they are by not taking me hunting.