1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Coyote manikin heads

Discussion in 'Lifesize Mammals' started by Randy Miller, Nov 10, 2013.

1. Randy Miller

Randy Miller Active Member

What is your favorite coyote head and why?

2. Gurneyjockey

Gurneyjockey Member

I'm curious to hear as well. Just finished trying to straighten out a head on one of the noonkster LS coyotes...I don't think it coulda been any more jacked up

3. Randy Miller

4. Mark in IL

Mark in IL New Member

I like the Darrin Flynn forms. Joe Coombs has them. These form are for larger coyotes however. They have a full chest/brisket which makes the mount look nice as well as a nicely proportioned head and snout. They have a 4 1/4 eye to nose measurement. I have won some blue ribbons with these forms. MacKenzie does have a nice wall pedestal coyote form that is pretty good for (I think) 3 3/4 inch eye to nose animals.

5. BillFromPa

BillFromPa Active Member

I like the ones from Ozark Woods that Brian Harness sculpted and come available on his Divide and Conquer forms. You can buy just the heads for about $12 each (last time I bought them) I show and use the head here in both these tutorials I did a while back.

http://www.taxidermy.net/forum/index.php/topic,243306.msg1698753.html#msg1698753

http://www.taxidermy.net/forum/index.php/topic,307988.msg2112454.html#msg2112454

6. OutbackJack

OutbackJack Member

PA
    I'm with Bill on this one. I really like Brian's forms!

7. Randy Miller

I agree, I like the Harness forms. I just did one (unnamed, see above response) from another sculpter and what a diff. Had alot of rework, still looked odd, IMO.

8. B.S.O'Hare

B.S.O'Hare Member

X4 what Bill said.