1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

What form??

Discussion in 'Deer and Gameheads' started by Wheatfields, Nov 14, 2013.

1. Wheatfields

Wheatfields The woods are my home

Hey what's your guys take on the best pedestal form floor or wall. I have my wife's early season short haired whitetail to mount , and I wanna do something nice ! 7-1/4 by 16" is the cape size . South West Missouri Deer are pretty good size we are right on Ks line . The cape is a perfect specimen !

2. Kyle Lakey

Kyle Lakey Active Member

I like alot of different ones however any time you design a pedestal you need to think of the pedestal and concept of what you want to achieve first and buy a form, buy a form and change the head out, buy a wall form and turn it into a pedestal, or buy and alter a form to achieve it. However you are probably fairly limited in what you have to choose from with that size. I usually end up getting a wall or wall ped form and turn it into a pedestal. First things first you need to have an idea of how you want the whole piece to look and that will determine your route in choosing a form to start with or give us an idea of what forms might work to start with beacuse we don't know what you want this piece to look like in the end.

3. Wheatfields

9800 out of Mckinzie is what I have in the shop it's a wall pedistal but I'm thinking of making a two layer base for the floor .. Any ideas will be nice . The form seems small like a Texas built deer ... So that's where I'm at

4. verne

verne Well-Known Member

If your a taxi you will figure it out ;)

5. Wheatfields

I can hack it . John Wayne . Ill post some pic of what I come up w in a few weeks !

6. As is said it all comes from concept. I will say I really like the new hard turn style peds. I use Joe Coombs or Mckenzie generally.

7. Matt

Matt Active Member

Take any wall form and convert it into a pedestal form. I never buy a ped form, I make them. That way, the sky is the limit for you and your clients on choices.

8. joeym

joeym Old Murphey

X2 on Joe Coombs pedestals. I've mounted lots of them, and they are beautiful!

9. Wheatfields

Thanks for all the info everyone .. I've got a composition in my head of what I'm gonna create ..