1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Old Trapping Book...(warning - Pic heavy!)

Discussion in 'The Taxidermy Industry' started by AMCTaxi, Nov 16, 2013.

1. AMCTaxi

AMCTaxi Wholesale Small Mammal Taxidermist

I thought I had lost this book to eternity. I just recently found it again. It's from 1966 and published by the PA Game Commission. Tons of Ned Smith artwork and of course, various trapping methods...but by far, the best set described in the book was this one. I had to share it. Did anyone ever have this book? Maybe some of the old timers here actually tried this set? Was it successful? Today I'd call this chapter "Lets go to Prison."

[​IMG] [​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Re: Old Trapping Book...

Boy have times changed sence the 60's. That is a cool book to have.

Michael

3. AMCTaxi

Re: Old Trapping Book...

I found a bunch of other ones along with this one from around the same time period. When I get some free time I will take photos of the best bits and post them up in this thread. I am sure a few people might enjoy this stuff.

4. Bill Yox

Bill Yox Well-Known Member

Wow youre very lucky! Im a Ned Smith fan. I think my favorite Smith artwork was his turkey gliding down off a ridge. I love old stuff like that.

5. cyclone

cyclone Posts: 400001

I worked for an old timer back when I was in Jr. high school. Of the few owls that I mounted back in the day, one of them was pole trapped in such a manner...Had to sew his foot back onto the leg. Nasty way to bag a bird..

I've seen that book in my travels, more than likely read it cover to cover..

6. AMCTaxi

As promised, here's some more photos from the trapping book. I know some of the pictures are screwed up but photobucket is deciding to be difficult so I will fix them as I can:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

7. AMCTaxi

Here's a Bird Book from 1959. It's a general information book with some of Ned Smith's art. Times have changed...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

8. Bill Yox

Bill Yox Well-Known Member

I think I have seen this as a kid. ! How cool. Thanks adam for sharing