1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Pretty cape

Discussion in 'Deer and Gameheads' started by buckmaster14, Nov 19, 2013.

1. buckmaster14

buckmaster14 Sometimes you get lucky...

Man brought this deer in to the processors today... really pretty cape... I cringed though, when he said he wanted to do a European mount and I had to cut the head off...

[​IMG]

2. Why not trade part of the European mount for the cape.

3. Kyle Lakey

Kyle Lakey Active Member

Still puzzles me why there are so many processors who don't cape these free nice capes and sell them. Yes some do but most don't. They sell the skins for a handful of dollars but they could be making a bunch of extra money on the nice ones by caping and selling. Yes its about production and being fast but if they have one skinner that can also cape fast it would be very profitable. Owell keeps the market better for us taxidermist that do buy and sell capes. Sounds like a buisiness job offer you could suggest to your boss. Heck stay after hours when you are off the clock, with your bosses permission ofcourse, and cape the few nice ones and make some extra money. It amazes me how many guys bring deer in for euros to me and they or a processor wacked the head off and it was a premium big cape or early short haired cape.

4. BW - what happened to your welding job?

5. buckmaster14

Couldn't find one... applied to a bunch of different places and none wanted to hire me because I had no experience in the field other than school.

6. Paul B

Paul B Active Member

Why didn't you just cape it out and do the euro?

7. bmdakk

bmdakk Report to moderator

Good place to work.....Get to see where proper shot placement is!!!!!

8. EA

EA Well-Known Member

Thats a nice buck

buckwounder, If you still want to weld try some of these Marcellus Shale gas operations? They are booming and use welders and general labors too. May get your foot in the door for experience. You would have to travel though. Closest stuff to you is Va. or Tenn possibly.. PA has all kind of gas work going on. Range Resources is one company that advertises here and may need you.

9. buckmaster14

Currently working on Deere Hitachi. I failed my first weld test due to 1mm of underfill on the right side of the groove weld. I go back to try again sometime next week.

10. livbucks

livbucks Well-Known Member

Cripes it only takes me 12 minutes to skin a head. Woulda had me a nice cape for free!