1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Possible "NEW" Tennessee state record for archery

Discussion in 'Deer and Gameheads' started by IMNTM, Nov 21, 2013.

1. IMNTM

IMNTM Southern Wildlife Art Taxidermy

Thought I would share a few photos of a clients possible new Tennessee state record archery buck. Congratulations Billy on an amazing buck!

Can't get photos to load can any one help?

2. Best I could do. If you click on it it is bigger. Amazing deer!!! I envy you for getting it in. Where are you located? I'd love to see it. What county is it from?

3. George

George The older I get, the better I was.

Looks good but I doubt it's a record unless the bar is very low there. It looks as if it's only a typical 8 (maybe even a 6) with very little spread credit and questionable beam length.

4. IMNTM

The photo doesn't really do it justice. It rough green scores in the 220's & if I'm not mistaken the current record for archery is 196 something.

5. George

George The older I get, the better I was.

It's a helluva deer regardless of the score

6. DeeCee

DeeCee New Member

It definitely has some character.

7. Wheatfields

Wheatfields The woods are my home

Real cool buck bu I'd guess it around 170 something ? trash is good for charicter but long beams , long times and a lot of them plus great mass is how to break the 180 mark . i just dont see 200 anything on that buck . but pictures never do any thing for how it really is . JM2cents

8. IMNTM

The rack has 26 score able points & 3 circumference measurements over 6". Beam lengths are just short of 28". Like I say pictures really don't do it justice & truthfully there is a good bit of room for scorer interpretation. No matter the score its a once in a lifetime archery buck.

9. bbt17

bbt17 New Member

Hmmm I don't hardly see 220 I definitely don't see 28" main beams here is what 28"
    Main beams look like
    [​IMG]

Fantastic
    Buck though for tn no matter what the score

10. Wheatfields

Wheatfields The woods are my home

Great buck let us know what he comes out in Inches . by the pic im guessing 164 Gross. Maybe . My sons first buck was a stud with kickers and Big drop 16 countable points. 20 in beams. No Spread went straight up off his head. field dressed 215 Kansas deer 164gross... Did you score him ? Or is the taker telling you what it scored ? You Said Client ... What do you others Guess it at by The Picture ? If some one can post them ill send them the pics for some thing to go off of.

11. IMNTM

An official scorer was contacted. I was told of the score by an independent third part witness to the scoring as well as the hunter in separate conversations. With the way some of the points come off the main beams & are in clusters I feel that scorer interpretation will play a big role in the outcome of the final score. It will be officially scored in late January. That will tell the true tale I guess. I did measure the main beams & circumference measurements myself.