1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

red stag foot form

Discussion in 'Beginners' started by [email protected], Nov 24, 2013.

1. im wanting to do some red stag foot form gun rack but i cannot find any forms all i find is small medium and large dont know which way to go. thanks

2. AMCTaxi

AMCTaxi Wholesale Small Mammal Taxidermist

If you have the leg bone, freeze it in the position you want it. Bed it in clay or high fiber and make a quick 2-part mold in plaster. Once you've got the mold made, smear a thin layer of hide paste or wax inside it, just enough to hold down the plastic in the next step, push a piece of plastic wrap down into that and clamp the halves together. Bend a length of threaded rod and pour foam. Minutes later, pull the foam and you have a form. This is what I do for quick simple molds. The plastic allows you to have an easier separator and you can make a few casts quickly.

Posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire

3. Thanks for reply Adam I was hoping to find some at a supply co due to the fact I don't have any foam r anything to make them. But if I need to I will get some but for now will continue to search thanks again for your help

4. backcountrychad

backcountrychad Active Member

I've never tried it, but I would think elk feet forms would work fine.