1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

BOTW #46

Discussion in 'Bird Taxidermy' started by SharpsShooter-[RO], Nov 25, 2013.

1. Another monday ...time for another BOTW :) (sorry that i'm so late)

Bird taxidermy is something magic, that's what made me change my mind and quit the bank job, to start doing what i loved to do, hoping to make a decent living from it. I know it's stupid to work your hands to the bone, instead to sit at a nice office wearing a nice tie and talk to people, but happiness is not made out of what sort of "cool" job you have (and hate it) but to do what you love to do ...and here i am :D

all birds are nice but i love ducks, don't ask why, i love chasing them, hunt them and mount them,
    ...here is a feruginos pochard i did 2 years ago for a university ...never had one so nice again
    [​IMG]

...and here are some capercailies, big magnificent grouse type birds, not easy to do ...but they are special for, i'm happy everytime i have to do one
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. nate

nate Active Member

Haven't posted anything for quite some time so here's a few that I finally got pictures taken of.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

3. gwamp

gwamp Member

Great work Nate !

4. giveem3 steve

giveem3 steve Member

Nate
    Love the wigeon and can. Great work. What is that woody crossed with?

5. nate

nate Active Member

Thanks guys! The woody is crossed with a black duck.

6. M.T.

M.T. Active Member

Very nice guys!

7. Have a great Holiday y'all

[​IMG]

8. awesome work, can't get enough.

9. rai_red

rai_red Active Member

Hi my friends, have been a little lazy with finishing the last weeks and have been more out hunting than working but find to finish this little guy today to give my friend Milo a post during his host period.
    I am looking here every day 2 or 3 times and everytime it is a pleasure for me to come back here.
    Milo, I love your ferruginous pochard and
    Nate, your wigeon and the woodie-cross are outstanding
    stuffit44, fantastic mallard scene, so I hope you like something like my grouse boy, that is no waterfowl,
    Rainer.

Attached Files:

10. rai_red

rai_red Active Member

and a closer view

Attached Files:

11. Thanks everyone for contributing to this BOTW
    Nate those waterfowl scenes are amazing, actually it is a direction of my goal ;) ..it looks it will take a while to get there

Rainer that hazel is sweet, would like to have one for myself, maybe sometime :)

Keep the pics commin' and make the thread rollin' ...and have a fun bird week ;D

12. ryan rhodes

ryan rhodes Active Member

I'm not much if an upland bird guy but here's a pheasant I just finished...

Attached Files:

13. RichMO

RichMO Well-Known Member

Thought I would try to do this photo again... The three teal were harder than I thought . The hen was busted pretty bad in the chest and the last drake's head was almost shot off. I know as taxidermist were supposed to just about fix anything but one day maybe I'll get good specimens. LOL

[​IMG]

14. TROPHY SHACK

TROPHY SHACK Phillip cole

My sons first turkey

Attached Files:

15. falco

falco Trapping is fun

A poor baldy was hit hard on the road and they found it not enough yet , so they ran an Autopsy on it before it gets to me table.. ???

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

16. Taxi-lover

Taxi-lover Active Member

Stunning Falco...again!

17. CR

CR New Member

wow wow wow falco, All of you wow

18. Taxi-lover

Taxi-lover Active Member

Second capercaillie from this autumn....this time strutting (classic) pose...

Attached Files:

19. thanks everyone for contributing
    JP that's a prety nice caper ;)

20. Tom Mayer

Tom Mayer Member

Nice work everyone. Beautiful eagle Falco. I wish that the game department's around the country would sell us protected bird's. It would be an good source of revenue for them, and us collector's would benefit. I know from personal experience, that they have freezer's full of road kill's and confiscated wildlife.