1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Need some opinions of best way to sew up cut brisket

Discussion in 'Deer and Gameheads' started by Treehugger, Nov 25, 2013.

1. Treehugger

Treehugger Member

I am shocked of the amount of seasoned butchers out there that dont know how to properly cape. Maybe they are just in a hurry, anyhow I need some opinions on the best way to sew up a cut brisket that will hide the best. This is my second yr mounting deer so any advice will be appreciated.

2. Same as you would any other cut.

3. critterstuffr

critterstuffr New Member

So many folks make a big deal of cut briskets. To me it the extra sewing that makes them bad just like a neck shot deer, both are an easy repair and of the two the brisket will hide without much effort. To answer your question i use a baseball stitch from the leather side while prepping the cape. Easy as that.

4. Paul B

Paul B Active Member

If cut up the center, easy fix. Mine are usually cut on the wrong side of the armpits leaving what I need hanging from the bottom of the cape, that is mostly done by hunters and they get a $35.00 charge for unneeded sewing.

5. Kydeerhunter03

Kydeerhunter03 New Member

Sew it up just like you sew your cut in the back? Thats what I always do and it works fine, there is plenty of hair to hide stitches.

6. jorgy

jorgy Member

Not to be a wise ass but how do you get to a point that you are charging people for deer and cant do a basic repair? Just sew the thing up