1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

It is ON

Discussion in 'Deer and Gameheads' started by dc taxidermy, Nov 26, 2013.

1. dc taxidermy

dc taxidermy Me and My Baby's senior picture

Started cranking them out...done these last week going to try and double up this week. Depends on customers and coffee flow..LOL...DC

[​IMG]

2. papagoose

papagoose papagoose and goslings

They look good . Hope that coffee works for ya lol

3. dc taxidermy

It does at times.LOL...DC

4. RichMO

RichMO Well-Known Member

Might want to try 5 hour energy.... Less trips to the back room or porcelain palace.

5. DL

DL Well-Known Member

Chocolate and coffee together will rev things up.

6. Richbo

Richbo 2nd place is the first loser!

Wow! Awesome! It's nice to be busy......good luck on doubling up!

7. Paul B

Paul B Active Member

I had 12 deer come in last week plus 6 bears, mounting time ain't happening. Go for it, thats big money coming in.

8. Matt

Matt Active Member

Yeah, I am no where near ready for that, but it won't be long! Nice work BTW!

9. OK, every one is going to jump all over me, but maybe you need to slow down a bit. Some real problems with the mounts. Ears, brisket, grooming. Maybe everyone else will blow smoke up your butt and tell you they look great, but I won't.

I know that you can do way better then that if you slow down. It's not about quantity but quality work. Sorry if I upset you or hurt your fillings.

10. Mike Powell

Mike Powell Well-Known Member

I'm going to assume Jake7719 went by the shop and saw these mounts in person as it is impossible to make that kind of critique from the photo that was posted. You can't see the definition well enough to make the kind of judgements he made and if you try to blow up the photo the resolution blurrs and makes it even more difficult for an accurate critique to be made. Critique wasn't asked for, hence no one else gave any. Favorable comments were made from what can be seen to encourage, not to critique. No one's blowing up anyone's butt by simply being professionally cordial. The value of a critique also is about quality, validity and accuracy not random words of criticism. Further, there's a LOT more clients out there more interested in how quick you can get the work out than wether the brisket is aligned 100% correct. If you want to make an unsolicited criticism, send a PM - the only reason to make a public comment on a post like this is not to help DC but somehow bring attention to yourself. I seriously doubt anyone is upset or have their "fillings" hurt - the critique made, while self appreciative and yes a little offensive, have no value in that they have no basis for accuracy or validity and therefore will be received in that light. Hope I didn't hurt anyone's feelings for injecting an unsolicited comment irrelevant to the subject of the post...for that I apologize.

11. Double click on the PIC and a photo bucket account will come up and you can see a lot more photos in better resolution.

The post was not a "critique" but an observation stating that slowing down will improve the quality of work.

It was posted on a public forum, so I made a public statement.

12. antlerman

antlerman NTA Life Member #0118

Dc..........you are a taxidermy NINJA. Slow down hell. You can slow down when your dead. Keep cranking them out.

13. I guess I'm a smoke blower DC. ;) Keep cranken'em out! Looks like your doing just fine! :) Merry Christmas everyone! :)

14. B Jones

B Jones Memeber of - NTA,UTA,AIT.Proud Member of NZTA.

Nobody has ever seen jake7719's mounts because he never posts pics. DC keep on doing what you do and take care of your customers. I am a smoke blower too.

Posted on a public forum so I made a public comment!

Now here it comes.

15. dc taxidermy

Jake, its ok, I am my own worst critique...I see what you are talking about but I am a commercial Taxidermist. I aint looking to win any ribbons. I mount over 300 pieces in my shop every year. I have a fairly fast turn around. I do have a very high repeat business. Most are not Perfect...and thats Ok...Here are a few pics of the thirty plus mounts that went home this past week and some euros and a little piggy, plus a few antler mounts and a few squirrels and three ducks...and a gator head a beaver ol hell a bunch.. It was a crazy three weeks.....DC

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

16. Mike Powell

Mike Powell Well-Known Member

DC, I LOVE those waiting room chairs!!!

17. antlerman

antlerman NTA Life Member #0118

While most of us operate at 110, some at 220, Direct Current (DC) operates at a full 440 volts of electrifying energy. ;)

18. dc taxidermy

Antlerman, I do be wide open alot of the time. I have learned to work smarter not harder. I mount six at a time. Its a good number and it works for me. My biggest thing is, I like to talk so I find myself Talking half the day and working half the night...AND...I have found out It doesn't make me any money sitting in my freezer..SOOOO.... on to the wall it goes....DC

19. dc taxidermy

So do my customers....I thought they would be a henderance but they have worked out....DC

20. jason

jason Active Member

LOL!!! LOVE the chairs too brother! The smile says it ALL about your work!! ;)